Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borwn 1930s Sportcoat size 36-38 with biswing back on german ebay

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good luck! I just bought an 30s suit from quirrel on british ebay. It went for less than I expected. But it's still enough money to keep me from buying more stuff on ebay... for now.

Flat Foot Floey

I know ...I hope the 1912 suit will go higher to make even for it. [huh]
German sizes are about ten numbers higher than US sizes. So I wear a german 50 and a US 40. Maybe you could ask him to measure the actual chest size.
If he doesn't know how to measure it's "Die Brustweite unter den Achseln gemessen"

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I'm a 38 too...
123.gif
:evil::kick::D

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Oh, my problem is not so much with the jackets, it's the pants. I'm 6'1" and most of it is in the legs: 32" waist, 34" inseam - and it's that inseam that's killing most deals. Either the pants are way too short (and I really hate to sacrifice the cuffs) or the waist is too large to be taken in properly. With jackets I'm usually taking a 38 (even though I also own two size 40 jackets).

Flat Foot Floey

You just got one? Would it be too much to ask if the beltback could go someone with less? They just never ever appear in germany and I already feel bad because I spoilt someone a big deal. I know it's a weak point, but...[huh]

Flat Foot Floey

Of course. It was a silly idea to even ask. We all want a piece of the cake, don't we? I know, I know...
BTW I wasn't speaking for me because it isn't my size. Just wanted to help a friend to get closer to his dream jacket. Well maybe it isn't anyway because the seller doesn't answer any questions.
Size 36 is not the same size as 38. Actual measurements of the chest and the lenght would be helpful.
[huh]

Mario

I'll Lock Up
As it just turned out, both Flo and I know the former owner of the jacket.

He kindly informed us that the jacket has a number of issues:

- Jacket had ben dyed in the past.
- Sleeves had been made wider
- The 'sporty' details (action back, shoulder gussets) are decorative rather than functional
- It's a really slim cut (36)

Both Flo and I had tried to extract some detailed measurements from the seller but he just keeps ignoring every question.

The previous owner also informed us that the seller is using both the text and the photos from the original listing without permission.

That's it, then.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran