Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought a Lewis Monza off ebay.

I paid $500 which was a steal. I just have crushing buyer's remorse right now (even if it did fit, it probably wasnt the most sound financial purchase right now) and I want to put this behind me. haha

I have had one offer thus far, which i rejected.

Damn these big shoulders. lol

Seriously, man. Relist it and put it up for an auction. I listed my first run, 70's Super Phantom two years ago at like $500 starting bid and $650 BIN and got a bid from Japan within 10 minutes. Took the auction down immediately and figured I'd keep the jacket for a while more.

Motorhead82

New in Town
Seriously, man. Relist it and put it up for an auction. I listed my first run, 70's Super Phantom two years ago at like $500 starting bid and $650 BIN and got a bid from Japan within 10 minutes. Took the auction down immediately and figured I'd keep the jacket for a while more.

Motorhead82

New in Town
that is sound advice.

Here is my dilema.
Since this is just my fifth sale on Ebay, paypal wont give me my damn funds until they get confirmation of delivery. If i send it overseas, theres more chance of it never getting there (slim chance but its there), and I have to pay more for shipping up front and wait longer for my money.

I actually have the auction closed off to Japan, which of course would be the biggest market for it.

Anyone else have to deal with that crapola from Paypal?

Motorhead82

New in Town
also i have had it up since Friday and no one has done a buy it now. even at such a crazy low price. From your experience do you find you get more hits on an auction?

also i have had it up since Friday and no one has done a buy it now. even at such a crazy low price. From your experience do you find you get more hits on an auction?

I've had much better luck with auctions. I was selling a Levi's jackets a while back and when the first two times listed it at $250 BIN, nobody bit even tho it had like 20 watchers. Then I listed it at an auction, lowering the opening bid at $100 and it ended at $360.

There's one guy selling his LL for over $2K and that insane listing has tons of watchers. Granted, that's the ever popular Lightning hese jackets sell. At $350, someone's gonna buy it just to make an easy profit.

Motorhead82

New in Town
I've had much better luck with auctions. I was selling a Levi's jackets a while back and when the first two times listed it at $250 BIN, nobody bit even tho it had like 20 watchers. Then I listed it at an auction, lowering the opening bid at $100 and it ended at $360.

I will take it down and relist it. Thank you!

Mich486

One Too Many
This is happening right now

8f7492637098389204022819a5e89c24.jpg

People are crazyyy!! The seller just added postage costs for Japan... that’s very likely where it’s gonna end up. You really have to be a collector to pay three times the price for the same exact jacket in new condition but getting instead a beaten up version that only god knows what’s seen in 40 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are crazyyy!! The seller just added postage costs for Japan... that’s very likely where it’s gonna end up. You really have to be a collector to pay three times the price for the same exact jacket in new condition but getting instead a beaten up version that only god knows what’s seen in 40 years.

What the?!?! Sure it's a nice jacket but...LOL...no. Not even close

Mich486

One Too Many
insanity. My favorite Lewis model but whoaa it better have gold in them thar pockets

I like it a lot too so much so I put an order through with Lewis leathers a month ago. I initially thought I could get it from the bay used so I saved the search. After seeing the first selling for about the same price I gave up hope. Personally i don’t understand paying for a used jacket more than for new one!

Motorhead82

New in Town
I like it a lot too so much so I put an order through with Lewis leathers a month ago. I initially thought I could get it from the bay used so I saved the search. After seeing the first selling for about the same price I gave up hope. Personally i don’t understand paying for a used jacket more than for new one!

good call! Tell us how that works out :)
Last time i checked the ETA was 4 months.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here

You obviously should have posted pictures of you wearing it in your pyjamas....that seems like the secret to insane prices.

Mich486

One Too Many
good call! Tell us how that works out :)
Last time i checked the ETA was 4 months.

You can count on it ;) they quoted me a leading time of 13-21 weeks. In the meanwhile I got already an Aero off the sale page... damn!!

Edward

Bartender

A lot of folks simply prize owning a vintage one over a new-made, even if by the same company to the identical pattern. Still, Lewises holding their own in the used market (a typical price for a tidy original in a larger size is around GBP500-600, not far south of the new price of GBP700-800) is probably helpful in keeping the new ones going. Ken Calder made very few A2s in the Thrift Store years for the simple reason that he had racks and racks of the originals selling for less than he could make them for.... when the originals dried up/shot up in price, that's when selling repros became financially viable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner