Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought my first vintage fedora

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Navarre,

As I said, the binding seems to be the same color on top as well as underneath the brim. It seems consistent throughout. Is that what you mean?

By the way, everyone, there is an original tag under the sweatband, the price tag says "Adam Executive $7.50." Any idea about what year this hat would have cost that much?

navarre

Vendor
I was just curious if the felt is the same color if you look under the satin liner. If there were any fading, even if uniform I would think the felt would still be the origional color inside the hat where it is never exposed.
Either way, its a great color combination how ever it has occured.

www.blacksheephatworks.com

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Navarre,

Ah, now I got you. I looked and the inside and the felt seems to be only a bit darker than the outside. So I'd say the outside of the hat is not faded that badly. But maybe the ribbon faded easier?

I agree with you, though. However it happened, whether it was made that way or a result of aging, it looks great.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the Lounge Mobile! That's a great Adam Executive you found; they're nice hats. Like the others said, be prepared to spend way too much time and money around here! ;)

Very nice start to your vintage fedora collection, MV.

And I must say, if you put on a slouch hat or kepi, you could pass for a civil war participant.

You have now started down the slippery slope to another consuming hobby,
but definitely fun, and these are great folks to hang around with here on the lounge.

Your Adam

MV, welcome to the Lounge.:eusa_clap As you can tell by now, you have stumbled into a great place, with lots of fine people.

Congrats on the Adam, that is a very nice hat; and yes, you did very well for 40 dollars. Good score and a wish for many more....lol

Enjoy the stay.

Tim

Jabos

A-List Customer
Most new folk on here come along with a junker new hat and everyone has to politely welcome them and gently guide them toward a better hat. You, sir, come to town loaded for bear. Nice hat and welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou