Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boy recalls past life as a fighter pilot

Story

I'll Lock Up
Boy tells of pilot's experiences
By Patti Dobranski
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, July 24, 2006
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/dailycourier/news/s_463166.html

James Leininger's parents want their 8-year-old son to have a great life -- his own life.

But for the past 5 1/2 years, the Louisiana boy has been reliving pieces of the life of another James -- Lt. James McCready Huston, a World War II fighter pilot from Uniontown who was killed near Iwo Jima more than 50 years before James was born.

Earlier backstory at

http://www.ntcsites.com/acadianhouse/nss-folder/publicfolder/AP/cover_feature_24_3.htm

However, none of Huston’s wingmen – Jack Larsen, Bob Greenwalt or William Mathson Jr. – from the VC-81 squadron saw his plane shot down on March 3, 1945, mostly because his plane was the last to dive in the strafing run, according to VC-81 military war diaries. Greenwalt, who also served with Huston as a Devil’s Disciple, says when the squadron realized that Huston’s plane was no longer in the air, their planes took a second run to look for debris. They found nothing. With no eyewitnesses, the Leiningers could only “believe” that Huston had been shot down near Futami Ko Harbor at Chichi Jima.

and
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2232830&page=1

Jim Tucker, a child psychiatrist and medical director of the Child and Family Psychiatric Clinic at the University of Virginia, is one of the few researchers to extensively study the phenomenon of children who seem to have memories of past lives.

He says James' case is very much like others he has studied.

"At the University of Virginia, we've studied over 2,500 cases of children who seem to talk about previous lives when they're little," Tucker said. "They start at 2 or 3, and by the time they're 6 or 7 they forget all about it and go on to live the rest of their lives."

pablocham

One of the Regulars
I feel sorry for children with crazy parents. I guarantee that this is the result of attention seeking parents rather than some actual memory of a past life. Everybody wants to think their child is special.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There was one on TV that showed a guy who was a reincarnate of a man killed in a submarine in WW 2. He talked about it since he a very small child. Drove his folks nuts. But the lost seaman's family accepted the fact that he knew way too much obscure info about him. [huh]

Story

I'll Lock Up
Anyone remember the little girl in THE RING?*

The chosen ones

The chosen ones Nikki Harwood believes her daughter is a super-evolved, psychic being with powers to heal the world. And she's not the only one. Jon Ronson meets the Indigo kids

Saturday August 5, 2006
The Guardian

Eight-year-old Oliver Banks thinks he sees dead people. **Recently he thought he saw a little girl with black hair climb over their garden fence in Harrow, Middlesex. Then, as he watched, she vanished.** When Oliver was three he was at a friend's house, on top of the climbing frame, when he suddenly started yelling "Train!" He was pointing over the fence to the adjacent field. It turned out that, generations earlier, a railway line had passed through the field, exactly where he was pointing.
user posted image
More of this at http://www.guardian.co.uk/family/story/0,,1837295,00.html

["generations earlier" would put it in range of the Golden Era, and hence on topic]

Bill O'Rights

New in Town
pablocham said:
I feel sorry for children with crazy parents. I guarantee that this is the result of attention seeking parents rather than some actual memory of a past life. Everybody wants to think their child is special.
Perhaps.
But...in an effort to get to point "B", from point "A", we tend to "add" stepping stones when there are to few to get to where we want to go.

Meaning, some evidence seems to point to an explaination. In order to fill the gaps, we tend to make things fit, where they they might oridnarily not.

Still...if even half of that article has any basis of fact to it...that's pretty bizarre.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Wow, what an interesting story... I tell you, kids say the darndest things!

One would have to agree that a young man of that age recalling such specific details of WWII at that age... that's pretty chilling!

The crazy part is when they served Meatloaf... I don't know what I'd say if I had a kid who said: Meatloaf! Haven't had this since I was on the Natoma! Kind of crazy I should say.

Also the part when the father asked the boy why he named his GI Joes the names he chose... he replied: Those were the friends who greeted me in heaven... yeah, I'd have fallen over!

It could be true, I have no right to say it isn't but, all I can say is it was very interesting. I don't believe in reincarnation my self but, there are lots of unexplained things that happen in this world.

=WR=

maisie

Practically Family
Very spooky, but these sort of stories are just so interesting, it just makes you think!

In September 2004, when James was 6, his father took him to a reunion of veterans who served on the Natoma. James was able to recognize one of Huston's former shipmates after 60 years.

"His comment was, 'They're all so old,' " he said.

Matthew Dalton

A-List Customer
A family friend was overseas once and she had a bunch of photos of us that she showed to some Indian Mystic, (Not sure if this man was Indian or Native American) you showed the photos to him and he'd tell you about the people or something along those lines, I'm not sure...

On seeing my photo apparently he diagnosed me as being destined to be some kind of "great leader" that would do major stuff in the world. Hearing this family friend talk about me apparently confirmed this reading for him. I don't recall the phrase "Indigo Child" being mentioned.

Part of these stories could have been the idea that I was some kind of soldier in a previous life; I've heard that apparently I exhibited behavior that had some people suspect this.

Personally, I think it's all a scam. Cold-reading and telling people what they want to hear. I am open to the possibility of reincarnation and psychic ability and such. But I think if it was as wide-spread as these people make out, they'd be able to do tests that prove these kids can do this stuff. Especially if they're telepaths.

And if "Indigo Children" really exist, I think most of these people sound more like they want to exploit them than help them.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
All of this reminds me of George Patton, who actually did believe he was a warrior spirit destined to be reincarnated for battle over and over again.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
If there is such a thing as reincarnation... there are worse things to have been than a WWII fighter pilot.
Would anyone ever say "I was a a chum spreader on a tuna boat." ?

I ask you.

Better Duck

New in Town
Even if you don't believe in it, I guess everyone must admit it is kind of tantalizing at least. Unless of course you believe (that word again) it is all a sham. I choose the option of tantalizing, being a non-believer myself. But still....

Peter

Better Duck

New in Town
pablocham said:
That's what I meant when I wrote "unless you believe it is all a sham". I think your "guarantee" goes to far, but indeed it has been shown time and again that the human psyche is a wonderful and often strange thing. Something the parent said, the kid reproducing it and seeing that his parent is amazed and delighted and building from there.. Or the parent wanting to hear things and interpret them in a biased way. All this would be involuntary. Then also bear in mind that some people do the damnedest things to get their kids famous and/or rich, even things detrimental to a healthy development of their children.

Still, I think your "guarantee" is taking it too far: that is also a way of believing something, without facts. I practice and preach sceptisism; Anybody ever read "Candle in the dark" by Carl Sagan? Great book and very well written.
By the way, is this a Fedora Lounge subject, or should we move to a more esoteric forum?:p

FinalVestige79

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL