Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Breaking new/old ground . . . Buco J-100

Perfect, SF. Quite literally perfect.

You should use this jacket as a template for any future bespoke project.

I love the close up of the collar. Many would consider this a shoddy stitching, especially compared to any repro done today but I think it's just perfect. That's why these jackets were so cool.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Perfect, SF. Quite literally perfect.

You should use this jacket as a template for any future bespoke project.

I love the close up of the collar. Many would consider this a shoddy stitching, especially compared to any repro done today but I think it's just perfect. That's why these jackets were so cool.

Thanks Ivan. I could not agree more about the stitching, and other details. The stitching on repro jackets from high end manufacturers is infinitely better. The inside seam where the lining meets the bottom of the jacket is comically uneven. If this were a new jacket, I would be meaningfully disappointed. On the other hand, as a vintage piece representative of the workmanship of its era, it is perfect.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Ivan. I could not agree more about the stitching, and other details. The stitching on repro jackets from high end manufacturers is infinitely better. The inside seam where the lining meets the bottom of the jacket is comically uneven. If this were a new jacket, I would be meaningfully disappointed. On the other hand, as a vintage piece representative of the workmanship of its era, it is perfect.

It looks like it is pretty much unworn! And it fits you very well.
If you can, would you mind uploading a few pictures of the jacket itself rather than fit pics.
I would love to see mroe close ups of it.

Superfluous

If you can, would you mind uploading a few pictures of the jacket itself rather than fit pics.

Thanks Carlos. It is plenty worn, but the patina does not come through on the fit pics. I will upload a couple of close-ups when I get home.

Superfluous

For me, there is a fine line between aged/patinaed/worn and tattered/destroyed/falling apart. One of the things that I love about this Buco is that it is definitely worn and aged, but not tattered and falling apart.

Buco J100 0030.jpg
Buco J100 0031.jpg
Buco J100 0032.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Seeing the tag. That's the steerhide era. In my opinion these are always better looking than the HH versions which are often times cracking, crumbling a dried out....and as TM alluded too tired. Well done man. The sleeve shot says it all. I suspect you'd be hard pressed to find another example that matches the fit and quality in this lifetime. Increasingly scarce for sure.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Nice work, Super! I'm often struck by just how.. charismatic?... a genuine period jacket is compared to the very lovely and faithful copies. There's just something about a period Buco or a Brooks that vibrates style.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

mattc123

New in Town
Question: what color is the stitching on that old Buco? Some of the old Bucos listed on Ebay look like they used olive stitching (like Thurston does now on their Buco orders) but sometimes the stitching looks black. Can't figure out what is historically accurate...

Superfluous

Question: what color is the stitching on that old Buco? Some of the old Bucos listed on Ebay look like they used olive stitching (like Thurston does now on their Buco orders) but sometimes the stitching looks black. Can't figure out what is historically accurate...

Mine has black stitching

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points