Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brent Spiner

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
It's gotta be better than the previous generation of Star Trek singers!

Remember those horrendously awful albums by Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner?? :eusa_doh:
Looks like Mr. Data has good taste in music. :)

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Jack Scorpion said:
I bought this CD long ago, but I thought I'd mention it to anyone here who happened to be a Trekkie (of the Next Generation age) as well as a Lounger...

You'll want to hang onto this one (or start making bootleg copies of it!) I just checked for availability on Amazon...only used copies starting at $75!! [huh]

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
that's a bit of an ouch to the pocket book!
I grew up on the old Star Trek, though I like the new one's better...William Shatner had always come across as comical to me

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Jack Scorpion said:
Whoa. Prices did go up a bit from the 12 dollars I spent 4 years ago.

Well, here are a couple songs from the CD. However, my technology in the matters of music ripping are a little behind the times, so I only have the songs in wma format at the moment. (Windows Media Audio). So, if you have a Mac, you might not be able to partake.

Brent Spiner - The Very Thought of You

Brent Spiner - Time After Time
Brent Spiner (And the "Sun Spots") - It's a Sin to Tell a Lie

Not bad really! Better than the first generation. Sounds a little like Johnny Mathis.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Not half bad...

Sitting here with three fingers of Cabin Still on ice listening to the offerings of Jack Scorpion and Mr. Spiner. Not half bad and improving as the nightly libation disappeared. But then, friends...but then...the dulcet tones of Patrick Stewart reciting prose in the midst of "It's a Sin to Tell a Lie." Now, THAT is some serious comedy - even if it was unintended!

My thanks to you , Jack for capping off my evening in such grand fashion. :cheers1:

farnham54

A-List Customer
Hey! These aren't too bad! He's actually a pretty good singer--Definatley has a 'voice'--not nessecarily a GOOD voice (not bad, either) but rather distinct, which I think is as important to a crooner as being "in key".

Thanks for posting those!

Cheers
Craig

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Definitely, Patrick Stewart narrating It's a Sin to Tell a Lie brings an amused smile to the lips. But then again so does the background stylings of Jorde, Worf and Diana.

Yah, at times I've actually listened to this album for reasons beyond novelty. Everyone is very welcome.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I worked on the show from season 3-7. I have a couple of memories of Brent off in the far corner of the stage playing guitar and singing. He wasn't trying to entertain anyone. He was practicing a song. I remember thinking, "I didn't know he could play".

It is funny....the only real conversation I remember having with Brent was him telling me that he really didn't care for science fiction.

I wish I had been more interested in the golden era then. We would have had more to talk about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen