Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bridesmaids Hair Help (all ideas welcome)

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Hi there ladies, I am getting married in November, and my 8 bridesmaids have agreed to hair their hair styled in vintage styles. I have found a woman who specializes in vintage hair to do their hair but I need pictures to give them ideas. I have the vintage hairstyling book but many of the ideas are just slight variations off of each other. My hair rules are absolutely no bee hives but hair like Joan in mad men is fine (just no true bee hives), an nothing similar to mine which will be styled like the pictures below. The girls were given the choice between 12 vogue and butterick reissue patterns ranging from the late 40s to the mid 60s just to give you an idea of the time range. Also all of the girls have the choice of up or down with their hair, so long as it is vintage. All suggestions are very welcome. Thanks for any help you have.
This was last year around this time before I cute my hair just shy of a bob
lounge006.jpg

And this was a couple months ago (minus the leopard bow of course) , so by November it will be some where between these 2 lengths probably closer to the long length.
retro001.jpg

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This is remarkably simple for an idea, but vintage-ish. How about french twists? They are something that are flattering for the ladies with mid to longer hair (if any of your bridesmaids have really long hair, I can help with ideas on how to french twist that much hair, because I've done it). It's also something that might be more amendable for the ladies who aren't so much into victory rolls or other vintage styles as many women see it as "modern."

I really have never met a woman who didn't look good in a french twist.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Sheeplady I will have to mention that, I am sure at least a few of them will like that idea. Thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy