Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcases

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Zohar wrote
That's a really good looking briefcase.

My question is how did you search for it?

I did a web search on 40's and 50's style leather brief cases. There name came up. Then i wrote them and they said they would be selling on USA Ebay and the shipping cost to the USA was $35.00. I wish i could do a web search for crooks as easy.:D

Dave McCone

New in Town
Here's the translation, courtesy of translate.google.com:

AGAIN, ORIGINAL PACKS!! LARGE BRIEF CASE FROM SADDLE LEATHER available in black and Schokobraun!! Processes absolutely solidly!! 14 DAYS RETURN RIGHT. BUY WITHOUT RISK. If you must carry much, this bag is made as for you!!! Point processing from the house Shalimar.

Description

this bag is it open-sharp-edged in complex upholsterer technology with 2.4 mm strong neat's leather of the USA was made everlastingly there. Each bag is individually hand-made. A class bag for people with taste & style. One creates this bag only once on and her holds themselves and holds and holds... An acquisition for the life. In the specialized trade this bag costs EUR 299,00. Goennen you which good or give away themselves them which original. OURS TYPE!!! They can this bag with the tax office fiscal as ` medium ' set off and still more money save. They get a calculation with VAT proven by us. Their amount of requirement contains already 16% VAT.

Mass and organization

mass (outside): approx. 41x30x13 cm. (BxHxT)

LEATHER: Vegetable gegerbtes Oilpullup neat's leather. This leather will develop and becomes from day to day still more beautiful its own character depending upon use.

COLORS: Black with matte silver fittings or beautiful Schokobraun with Messingfarbenen fittings. (communicate request after auction end your desire color by email)

ALLOCATION: 2 large specialities, enough place for the Leitz file or Notebook. Organizer with Handyfach, map subject and pin owner. In addition center wall with zipper in A4 format for various papers & documents. Extremely practical: Two large Vorta. Here you can stow some away it giant large are there. Vorta takes up even your calendar or date planner. Carrying handle strengthens. Removable Umhaengeriemen with snap hooks. Very durable fittings from pure brass. The flap is fastened with two putting locks.

Guarantee: 2 years guarantee on processing with appropiate Gebrauch.(the calculation by the bag and are considered as warranty voucher)

forwarding expenses and return right

Germany are sent: EUR 5.90 as insured package with 2 or several articles only 1 x postage

Europe: EUR 12.50 insured (cash on delivery not possible)

a calculation with proven VAT is attached naturally to your transmission.

We carry naturally all eBay for fees.

14 DAYS RETURN RIGHT

with pictures one can be mistaken at the size, condition or color. No problem!!

We want that you are content with our products. They have unrestricted return right on all offers 14 days. Send back the product unused at us. Cost for the return are from the buyer to to be carried. Otherwise no conditions!! Their invoice amount is back-transferred to you. We generally accept no unfree transmissions. With entitled complaints ask a Mail at us. service@lederwaren.com contact: Call us, we advise you gladly!

Shalimar leather goods e.K. Freiheitstr. 24 63808 shark brook Germany Tel: 06021-69045 fax: 06021-69084 email: service@lederwaren.com USt IDNr. DE206400980

payment

PAYMENT POSSIBILITIES CUSTOMERS FROM GERMANY after terminated auction or Sofortkauf in the Shop get you from us immediately a confirmation of order by email. They can transfer the money to us thereafter. We deliver within 24 hr. after receipt of payment. (holidays & weekend excluded) cash on delivery EUR 5.50 additionally, zzgl. EUR 2.00 transmission fee of the post office. Or you give to us a direct debit authorization by fax and we draw in the amount! Here you find a form to expressions (down click). Simply, fill out side expressions and at us faxes. Finished!! That is the possibility for the fastest supply! Paypal or Moneybookers CUSTOMER FROM EUROPE EEC of COUNTRIES: Transfer - we will communicate automatic our SWIFT code and IBAN No. to you. SWITZERLAND: We furnished an account as special service at Swiss post office, therefore no bank charges result for you. The account number is communicated likewise automatically. Please you note that evtl. Tariff and taxes for the import into Switzerland to result can.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Thanks alot Dave.
I really didn't realize i had bought myself such a nice case. I waited quite awhile for it to go on auction and not just use Buy It Now where the price was alot higher than what i paid. I like what it said.

"Each bag is individually hand-made. A class bag for people with taste & style".

I got myself some style coming in the mail.:)

Paladin

One of the Regulars
Just a beautiful briefcase. Got here a bit late, but I can still appreciate it. How's it holding up since you've been using it for a month now? Looks like something you can hand down to one of your lucky children. Did you have your initials stamped somewhere?

shalimar

New in Town
Hi@all,

I am the designer and manufacturer of this bag. I found a link to this lounge while checking my Logfiles :) .

The Google translation gave me goose bumps, so here is a link to the english description:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15661&item=8125568384&tc=photo

And the following case is an exact replica of 50`s style Lawyers bag that I found at a Flea market in Paris.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15661&item=8125568386&tc=photo

I am open to questions if any especially regarding the leather or manufacturing !

@SHARPETOYS: You have the case since 3 months, and I would love to have your feedback on this, especially reactions from your friends.
:D

Thanks.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard wrote,

Been taking some closer looks at the picks of your case and That is quite a gem.

How is it holding up?

from the detailed desription it looks like real quality that will last.

This case is the best one i've owned in 30 years! I use it every day and its still looks great. The quality in the case i would have expected to pay $400 or $500 for. The leather,brass and overall workmanship is bar none. I would buy another one if i needed one in a heart beat.:D :) :D

Hamsterjeep

New in Town
Leather briefcase recommendations, anyone?

I know this might have been discussed before, but does anyone have a recommendation for a leather briefcase? I found this one, and it's pretty much what i want, but if there are others out there I'd like to know before I order this one.
http://www.customhide.com/classic_briefcase.html
Thanks!
:beer:

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
They make good stuff. I have had the convertable schollar bag for the past few years and love it profoundly. I give them a high recomendation.

Convertible-Scholar-Brown.jpg

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
Check out Wilson's leather. They ALWAYS seem to be having a sale. Even the retail outlets. They are pretty good for gloves, wallets, briefcases, etc... I picked up a leather briefcase that is really nice for $89. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Pyro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto