Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcases

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
zignatius said:
I may have spent too much, but I bought this one nine years ago. It gets better with age.

http://www.jpeterman.com/cgi-bin/sg...5183553&HTNAME=/html/jp-products/OM/1005.html

I have a real 1930s mail bag, but no strap.
Anyone know where to get a good "vintage-like" leather
strap (that is also comfortable)?

If not on the web, perhaps a recommendation for a
leather worker in the SF Bay Area?

BTW, the bag was supposedly from a horseback mail carrier
in Mingo County, West Virginia (I bought it in Elkins).

The Wingnut

One Too Many
feltfan said:
If not on the web, perhaps a recommendation for a
leather worker in the SF Bay Area?

feltfan, try Brian at Digardi Leather in San Jose. He's behind Sportman's Supply on Camden Avenue near Bascom Ave. He can make just about anything and his prices are quite good. He makes fantastic gun leather.

(408) 371-6367

Tell him A.J. sent you.

stella

New in Town
briefcase question

I am a newbie, a lady that wears her ladies fedora with pride. with that said--I am in desparate need of a new briefcase and I was told by my santa that he would purchase one for me this x-mas. I was thinking of jack georges. anyone familiar w/this brand?

also,open to suggestions on other brands. the style I use is the old barrister/lawyer's briefbag.

Thank you for your help!

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Jack Georges Briefcases

Have had two of their cases and have been very satisfied. I particularly like the nickle silver finish...

platinum_special_8415md.jpg

--ZF

stella

New in Town
that is one sharp looking briefcase. how long have you owned jack georges and what type of leather? how it is aging?

I was looking at the platinum edition briefbag, it is steer hide leather.
Thanks for your help!

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Stella and Matt...

stella said:
that is one sharp looking briefcase. how long have you owned jack georges and what type of leather? how it is aging?

I was looking at the platinum edition briefbag, it is steer hide leather.
Thanks for your help!

I am pretty tough on briefcases, so I may not be the best judge. I've had it for about 4-5 years and I bought a second one (for $100.00 new on eBay) that I've squirreled away until the first one is too far gone to look presentable (another year or two I judge).

Matt Deckard said:

Matt -- I had forgotten about this thread! Thanks!

stella

New in Town
thanks for all your help! I checked out the link to the other thread--most helpful.

After more research, I think I will go with the Jack Georges case--classic, well made, with the feminine flair I was looking for.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
stella said:
thanks for all your help! I checked out the link to the other thread--most helpful.

After more research, I think I will go with the Jack Georges case--classic, well made, with the feminine flair I was looking for.

My recommendation for an eBay source for JG has this handle: luggage4you.

stella

New in Town
much to my surprise, I received the Jack Georges Briefbag as a birthday gift. Quite a well-made bag!

Thanks again for your help.

stella

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
New Atlas flapover briefcase

I just received my Atlas Accountants Flap-Over Briefcase in natural belting leather from London Luggage, which had the best price I could find at $356.25 delivered. It is terribly difficult to find good pictures of the bag, so here are a few that I took.

There is an external pocket plus a strap for sliding over a rolling luggage handle.

Internally there are various pockets in the front compartment:

The center compartment has a flap down bottom, which I generally will leave up:

A few months ago I bid on a vintage case on ebay that was almost exactly this same style with brass lock plate on the front and floating handle on top. I think it's a classic American take on the British dispatch bag a la Swaine Adeney Brigg, but at about 1/4 the price of SAB.

Zach R.

Practically Family
Well, I ordered a custom-Custom Hide briefcase on Saturday(custom because it had to fit my extremely wide laptop).

I went with the Scholar Laptop Briefcase with pockets, in brown leather and with embossing:

http://www.customhide.com/scholar_laptop_w_pockets_brown.html

It should be here by late February, I'll see if I can steal a digital camera from someone so I can take some pics between now and then.

Trickeration

Practically Family
Been meaning to show this to Mr. Deckard

Here's the one I picked up at a thrift store a few weeks ago for $11. I was about to put it back, then saw the imprint under the flap. It's got some cracking and couple of small stains like something dripped a little on the inside, but I think some of that is cleanable. It's 11 x 18 inches x about 3 inches deep relaxed.
pict17374um.jpg
pict17395cc.jpg

pict17410gr.jpg
pict17386nb.jpg

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
AlanC said:
Wow, Fuente. I came to this thread specifically to post a link to Col. Littleton's site. Spooky.

Has anyone tried his goods? He has a line of hats, too, actually.

I have a few items from the Col. my favorite is his belt:
cb5-5.jpg

It is a lot softer and more mellow than the picture portrays.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Trickeration said:
Here's the one I picked up at a thrift store a few weeks ago for $11. I was about to put it back, then saw the imprint under the flap. It's got some cracking and couple of small stains like something dripped a little on the inside, but I think some of that is cleanable. It's 11 x 18 inches x about 3 inches deep relaxed.
pict17374um.jpg
pict17395cc.jpg

pict17410gr.jpg
pict17386nb.jpg

I saw this one in person last Sunday and it looks pretty darn cool. When are you or your husband going to start carrying it on a daily basis?

just needs some of this... though call me before you do anything to treat the leather.
http://www.legendaryusa.com/product/PECPLD6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21