Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcases

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, Fuente. I came to this thread specifically to post a link to Col. Littleton's site. Spooky.

Has anyone tried his goods? He has a line of hats, too, actually.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Very nice... I like this one.

pi-2007m.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
My dad just passed on a Ghurka briefcase to me. It's a heavy, heavy canvas/twill material with leather trimming and handle. The model I have is "The Examiner". It seems to hold up pretty well, considering my dad used to for the most part of 10 years or so. I put some pecards on the leather to refresh it a bit, and I've been using it all week for school.

He is using a salt and pepper one with a bit more red in the leather. If I get a chance, I'll take a look and find out what model that one is.

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Wilson Leather does have some good buys when they have sales.
I had picked up a messenger bag that I use daily from them about 3 years ago.
It was a distressed brown leather bag that really went well with my Wested Indy jacket.
I've been looking for another bag latley, something a little larger and that Scholar Briefcase from Custom Hide looks really nice.
Now to justify spending that much on a briefcase to the wife after spending a few hundred on some new shaving gear. :eek:

Erick

zignatius

New in Town
unfortunately, no photo, dangit. and I'm bummed the follow-through might be a while (our digital camera was recently declared useless).

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
My vintage briefcase

I thought I would share some pictures of my vintage briefcase. I've had it for close to a year now and use it everyday. When I got it, it didn't have hardly a scratch on it. However, after months of constant use, and not really being careful with it, it is beginning to show some nice distressing. I don't know the exact age of it, but I do know that a character in the 1942 movie "Sing Your Worries Away" uses a briefcase that is identical to this one, right down to the lock, buckles, decorative grooves, and long straps.

Enjoy!

Briefcase%20Front.jpg

Briefcase%20Back.jpg

Briefcase%20Bottom.jpg

Briefcase%20Side.jpg

Briefcase%20Inside.jpg

Briefcase%20Lock.JPG

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Thanks. I don't know the maker, and the only markings are on the underside of the lock which reads "PRESTO LOCK CO."

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I picked up one of the large AAF navigator's briefcases - the same dimensions as an old military Speed Graphic camera case - for a song. Just the right size for a carryon, and it'll lock. Plenty of room for a laptop and a load of other stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails