Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brill Bros. G-1 label questions

pjman

Familiar Face
This Brill Bros. G-1 I got off eBay has a label modification I've never seen before. The cleaning instruction label was placed on top of the manufacturers' label, then both were sewn in as one piece. When I fold back the top of the cleaning label, a (contract?) number is visible, but it also appears to have been blacked out at some point with some kind of marker. So, does this mean it was a jacket manufactured for issue to the navy, but was re-labeled for sale on the civilian market? Does the tag indicate it was an E series, manufactured in 1971? Any information would be appreciated!

Brill Bros. label 1.jpg Brill Bros. Label 2.jpg

HanauMan

Practically Family
Hi.
Your guess is correct if I remember rightly. I have seen this label modification in another forum (maybe here?) and the conclusion was that these were jackets that weren't used for the Navy contract and sold on to the civilian market.

This jacket is a E series and the two digits after the DSA100 code is the year code, in this case 1972.

I'm sure somebody else here can add more information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner