Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

British Vintage Leather Jacket - 1950s - Size approx 40

This jacket was made by United Services Supply Co. London. The company was incorporated in 1956, but probably existed for some time before that. This jacket probably dates to the middle 1950s, going by the Aero zipper model. The leather is probably a light- to mid-weight calfskin, but it could plausibly be a very heavy sheepskin. The main body is lined in a white flannel wool, and the arms and pocketbags are lined with a tartan cotton. Classic British multi-coloured striped waistband elastic still has some stretch in it. As you can see, the rear and front panels are essentially A2-ish, but with handwarmer pockets rather than patch pockets. There are 3 ventilation grommets at each armpit, the cuffs close with ring-type snaps. The collar is backed with dark brown flannel. The patina is particularly pronounced on the arms and there is wear, but none of it serious, mostly just normal rubbing. No thin spots that I recall (I'll check when I see the jacket again later this morning). The jacket is quite short - see measurements - so would suit high waisted trousers.

A very wearable jacket! I'd like £200 for the jacket. PM with interest. I would prefer Paypal from outside the UK, but from within the UK I can accept personal cheques also. Shipping extra to be determined by destination.

Measurements:

Chest: 21.75 across
Arms: 25" from Shoulder
Shoulders: 19" across top
Length (Rear): 21.5"

unitedservicesleather1.jpg

unitedservicesleather2.jpg

unitedservicesleather3.jpg

unitedservicesleather4.jpg

unitedservicesleather5.jpg

unitedservicesleather6.jpg

unitedservicesleather7.jpg