Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks CR Zip Pulls Q ...

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
happy spring, friends,

approximately what year would a gold label Brooks j100 esque CR w/ round chest pocket zipper pulls, be from? only pics i've found have teardrop shaped talon pulls.

thanks!
mike

Does it have a one piece back? The oldest Brooks I owned had those. It also had a back config exactly like a j-100. No action back and no kidney panel. I thought around 1960. The label was also white, not black and gold.
Can you post some pics?

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
these two are all i got ; )
thank you, ton
01515_2NCxiFTvDlJ_1200x900.jpg
00i0i_aaXZppJRj8n_1200x900.jpg

It's likely 60's. Could be early 70's before they switched to the red and white tag. Those pills make me think earlier than later. The jacket I had was essentially a carbon copy of a Buco j-100. Zips at sleeve weren't on top of cuff tho. I've never seen another like it. I sold it to eBay user " stinktail" about 10 years ago. I wonder if he's active here and has pics. I wish I would've kept it. Just for the extreme rarity of it. It was indistinguishable from a Buco yet had a white/silver tag and those same chest pulls. Shame I didn't know then what I still don't really know now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran