Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brylcreem, Groom & Clean, Vitalis, and Wildroot

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
A couple of questions for the fellow gents here:

1) Of the hair tonics I've listed, which would you guys say has the best hold, which gives the vintage wet/shiny look the best while not looking overally greasy? Which is the least 'mucky'?

2) For longtime Brylcreem or other hair tonic users: Do you think Brylcreem or any of the other vintage hair tonics could cause, long term, hair loss? Stupid question but I always worry about hair loss.

3) Lastly...I have wavy hair. What would be the best to use which could give my hair a nice hold, without making my hair less wavy? I ask cause a lot of more modern hair gels make my hair less wavy than it is naturally.

1) I would skip all of those options for hold and go to Tres Flores pomade. I'm biased because that's what I use. I have thick hair, and it's fairly wavy and it gives a very good and strong hold with a very good amount of shine. Brylcreem gives the best shine of the ones you listed and Groom and Clean probably has the best hold.

2) The hair loss is a myth. I've been using some sort of pomade, or hair dressing for 12 or 13 years and have a thick mop of hair.

3) I touched on in answer 1. Tres Flores is good for Wavy hair. Brylcreem would be, too, but the hold isn't as strong. What I do sometimes is use the heavy stuff first, then use a little Brylcreem for added shine. Remember, a little goes a long way with that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy