Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Oh yeah Ole , Mr Jones said it was like a combo shop/ museum /hat making equipment from over a hundred years ago / friends and people that come it see , or do business . But they love everyone, just a lot of stuff to cram into those days . Mr Jones said sometimes Mike will have people picking up hats and he and his wife will come and help take care of that , if Mike is going to be gone or busy , etc , just helping out .
I was afraid to go in because I'm used to western style hats and knew the chances of getting off the fedora track were pretty great , and then even before stopping I had the San An at # 1 (western) . But Ritch Rand in MT says its best to eyeball the person , because you know what will look best generally on them , facial structure, shoulder width , height , build , etc . . Part of the Hatters/habidashers job knowing what will look best .

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Been a while since this thread had a new post - I stopped by the Buckeroo Booth in Fort Worth yesterday and got to meet Rusty, Rocky and Mike for the first time.

I love the moss green western that Mike and Rocky made for me a couple of years ago.

eb47477b8cafb30ed78b4525ca9360f8.jpg

Cheers!
David - 21st Century Man

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
Been a while since this thread had a new post - I stopped by the Buckeroo Booth in Fort Worth yesterday and got to meet Rusty, Rocky and Mike for the first time.

I love the moss green western that Mike and Rocky made for me a couple of years ago.

Cheers!
David - 21st Century Man
That's a good looking hat. I'm planning on making a trip down to Major Moore's real soon.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao;
That's sweet.
A blessing on your head.
Thank you Richard, but I wouldn't go that far with this hat, it's nice and lovely but not what I "excel" or want in/from a hat.
I would go first for a hat like the one David (now) wants than this one. ;)
Bigger crown and bigger brim :D

RBH

Bartender

Cheers!
David - 21st Century Man
David it was really great to get to finally meet you! Next time the beer is on me!!!!

wbF7oN.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo