Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO HATTERS HITS BIG TIME!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
That's great Rusty..good solid story about Mike and his beautiful hats. Though there could have been more images (of the hats) in the story.:D

Duck

Practically Family
Thanks for posting this, Rusty. Mike is a fine hatter and a great guy. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Glad to see this. I was wondering yesterday if I had already missed it.

Congratulations, Mike.

majormoore

Vendor
Just got in from the shop just now, when I got there at 9 this morning, my phone rang asking if I had seen the paper, said no, was told take a look, then two people walked in both had the Memphis paper and showed me the story.

Then all day people were coming in, at one time I had about 25 in the shop, they came in until 6 pm , took several orders for new hats, took three hats in that needing some TLC done to them.

Looking forward to when the sign gets hung up in early Jan.

But most of all wanted to say thanks to all of you folks that have supported me and to those that have sent or posted kind words and wished me well during this move.

To ya'll "I say thanks for the support"

your friend,

Mike Moore, aka Major Moore

majormoore

Vendor
A person in the Memphis area that has been wearing hats both custom and store bought hats for around 30 plus years, about 5 or so years ago, he bought a 100% western hat from me and liked it so much has bought several more, he likes the lower crowned wide brim hats that most call the Boss of the Plains style hats.

Major Moore

kabuto said:
Who is James Files?

MarkL

One of the Regulars
CONGRATS TO THE MAJOR!

Mike:

The article was great. I am so happy for you!!!
Thanks, RBH, for sharing it...and for your continued positive support of everyone here on FL!

Mark

majormoore

Vendor
Each of us have to have both long term and short term goals, that was my long term, but hope that it will become a short term goal. Will take it slow and postive which ever way it turns out.

Major Moore

ScionPI2005 said:
I wonder what the odds are of that happening sooner...lol :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
majormoore said:
Each of us have to have both long term and short term goals, that was my long term, but hope that it will become a short term goal. Will take it slow and postive which ever way it turns out.

Major Moore
If you have 24 hat orders waiting I don't think you will be taking the slow route!! Sounds like the fast track to me!:eusa_clap

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
What a real success story.:eusa_clap We read on here all the time about hatters from the past that have closed the doors. It is great to see you opening yours.

RBH

Bartender
This morning after church a lady stoped me and said she was reading yesterdays paper and thought about me. She said it was an article on a hat maker!
I was happy to tell her that he was a friend of mine and that she had commented on a couple of his hats before when I had worn them to church.
She and her husband both said they loved the story and thought is was so neat to know that some people still made hats the 'old' way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass