Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buco J-100 in Black Shinki by Diamond Dave

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The silhouette of Dave's jacket is markedly different from the RM jacket. You really get a kind of tailored shirt fit here where as the RM Buco looks more like a the Schott Cafe Racer. I think ProteinNerd's jacket will look even better once it has broken in.

I think so too it is less than a week old!

yes, except for the same pockets config, back yoke, collar snaps, and front sleeve zip, which are all mere details, the shape is totally different even within similar/ comparable hide type
this has athletic fit, while the RMC is more tubular slim fit.

Maybe the difference is more due to an off the rack fit vs custom made to measurements? or that the RM is geared towards the Asian market with their generally slimmer frame?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The shape of Dave's pattern and when not worn skin tight, is preferable to my eyes and what I think of when I contemplate a Buco J100. This has the perfect fit which makes it a more versatile jacket for everyday wear and one I think you could wear to the office over "proper" trousers. To my taste it just reminds me of how great a cafe racer jacket is when it's done right.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I agree, once the correct measurements/ fit is nailed, it's hard to beat. It seems like such a versatile jacket too. Great for a variety of situations.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I think so too it is less than a week old!

Maybe the difference is more due to an off the rack fit vs custom made to measurements? or that the RM is geared towards the Asian market with their generally slimmer frame?

Absolutely right, the RM Buco, in a way, hugely modified to fit slimmer Asian frames and significantly shorter, you do not need to be Magic Mike to fit in it. But for DD's jacket, you really need to have good body proportion to get the right look.

Benj

One of the Regulars
Are you guys sure they modified it to fit Asian frames? Himel said they take apart vintage jackets and remake them ...

For reference, I'm 5'9" 175 pounds in the pic... Not slim by any means. And I think it fits pretty good...

pawineguy

One Too Many
The shape of Dave's pattern and when not worn skin tight, is preferable to my eyes and what I think of when I contemplate a Buco J100. This has the perfect fit which makes it a more versatile jacket for everyday wear and one I think you could wear to the office over "proper" trousers. To my taste it just reminds me of how great a cafe racer jacket is when it's done right.

+2 - In going through a few cafe racers myself trying to find the perfect fit, I've made the mistake of the skin tight jacket, which is really only comfortable standing at a pub with the jacket worn open. This fit is exactly how I like mine, plenty of room to move around while still looking trim. And as has been previously stated it will continue to form to his body and look even better.

And one of these in Shinki too:
rFrWKXG.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If someone slips a birthday cake with candles by his bedside while he is sleeping, when he wakes up there will be so many candles blazing he will think he just woke up in hell. lol :pound: Happy Birthday HD! :D

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Are you guys sure they modified it to fit Asian frames? Himel said they take apart vintage jackets and remake them ...

For reference, I'm 5'9" 175 pounds in the pic... Not slim by any means. And I think it fits pretty good...

It really depends on what vintage samples they copy the style from.

20150701_213611.jpg

Here is one of the vintage Buco J-100s in the Lighting Magazine.

Benj

One of the Regulars
Yeah, I think that depending on the year and even the particular jacket a perfect repro, to the jacket observed, could look different, even though they're both j100s.

I think the RMC looks like the cream in in that pic.

If someone slips a birthday cake with candles by his bedside while he is sleeping, when he wakes up there will be so many candles blazing he will think he just woke up in hell. lol :pound: Happy Birthday HD! :D

Doesn't seem fair, does it Fanch. The older you get the more candles to blow out. I had to get three Grandkids to help me...:eeek:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hope you had a great day HD. Did you get yourself a special birthday jacket? Or just the standard birthday suit?:p

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
absolutely gorgeous! I love the longer look of the J-100. DD makes the perfect J-100 in my book due to his craftsmanship and the cut of his particular J-100

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari