Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buco J-100 in Black Shinki by Diamond Dave

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I dig that length. If I remember correctly, did you have one 18 months or so ago, and it came in a bit short? I would prefer a bit of extra length as opposed to that gut wrenching .5" short. I've just got to decide if I go seal shinki or the battle ready steer. Both are stunning. I'm also wondering if my chunky build will do the jacket justice. I'm so pumped for you mate, particularly with the customs wait. Enjoy it mate. I had lunch up at Doyles in Watsons bay last weekend, and this would be the perfect weight jacket to have, it got a bit fresh in the arv, and the ferry ride at 11pm was pretty nippy. Lucky we had been at the pub for 7 hours after lunch....looking forward to seeing some grain shots. Cheers.

Thanks Bunyip, I have to say the Shinki is awesome, really nice lighter weight leather, I don't regret the upgrade for a second.

Yes I did have one that came in a bit short a while ago and have to agree with you, a tiny bit long is preferable to that little bit too short. Either way as I mentioned above, its only 1 inch longer than my Aero Board Racer, which is in itself a longer style cafe racer as well and on the odd occasion I've wondered if that was a touch short for a long jacket if you get my meaning.

Heh, my initial thought that the jacket is perhaps a bit longer than how I'd like it, but I think it's just the perfect length for the style. I always thought that with these jackets, the main zip should end just around the belt line (possibly above), with the jacket extending three or so inches below, exactly like yours. Perfect jacket all around!

technovox

One Too Many
Beautiful leather.
I love that Shinki hide.
It would be great to see some more pics when you get a chance.
You've endured a lot of waiting for this one. Enjoy!

Blackadder

Obviously the Buco J-100 is supposed to be a longer moto jacket, but I think its the combination of the poor angle on the mirror selfie and I'm wearing suit pants that have a higher rise than jeans that give the illusion its "too" long for some. Its about 1 inch longer than my Aero board racer, not an issue for me at all.

Nice jacket. I agree that J-100 is indeed longer cut that should go below the waist with waist being narrower than open up at the hip. From what I have read, there is a J-57 which is supposed to be the short version.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Looks great. I think the key on the length is for the zipper to stop right where it does, around the belt line, which allows you to comfortably sit while it's zipped up. That's the whole point of the design, for the extra length to extend below the zipper, but to be flexible. Plus it's going to be even better once it starts breaking in and developing some character.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
ProteinNerd, this jacket looks fantastic. Eagerly awaiting more pics. And as for wearing for riding, you might perhaps also consider an armoured undershirt - I have one from Knox (bought from Insurrection/Thurston Bros) and another from Bohn Armor. They're light, close-fitting & very comfortable and I regularly wear them underneath my non-armored leather jackets including my Aero Fontana CR. I've also taken several falls wearing them while riding (usually off-road) and they've protected me wonderfully well.

ProteinNerd

I've come to realise I need a better camera and lighting but this is the best I can do until I remedy that situation. I've played a little with the colour etc to compensate and try and show off the grain and leather details.

I have to say, I'm loving this jacket. I think its a great fit and the leather is superb, a big thanks again to Diamond Dave for this beauty. I couldn't be happier with it.

DSCF1684.jpg
DSCF1687.jpg
DSCF1679.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
nice fit and length, I can see the neck to shoulder slope is a bit more than RMC version, more room around the neck for a scarf underneath.

Last edited:

Justhandguns

Practically Family
nice fit and length, I can see the neck to shoulder slope is a bit more than RMC version, more room around the neck for a scarf underneath.

The silhouette of Dave's jacket is markedly different from the RM jacket. You really get a kind of tailored shirt fit here where as the RM Buco looks more like a the Schott Cafe Racer. I think ProteinNerd's jacket will look even better once it has broken in.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
yes, except for the same pockets config, back yoke, collar snaps, and front sleeve zip, which are all mere details, the shape is totally different even within similar/ comparable hide type
this has athletic fit, while the RMC is more tubular slim fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari