Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

budget B-10 help

archbury918

One of the Regulars
I can concur with the opinions stated here over the ATF B-10. The biggest critical flaw in their jacket is the look and material used for the lining.
My group purchased them because of the 'budget' price, but they failed our authenticity requirement. If you're looking for a jacket that is cheap and 'looks like' a B-10, go for it.
I have an Aero B-10 that I like and does meet my standard for accuracy. It was part of their run 2 yrs ago that used a gaberdine shell of a darker OD than their usual. It fits true to tagged size but has a sharp taper to the waist. For me, it's not an issue. However if you don't have an athletic shape it may look too tight about the waist. In that case go up your usual size. I find the jacket very comfortable and toasty. I can see why many vets switched to wearing them from their A-2's.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hey Arch... I checked Aero's Webbie today... doesn't look like they offer the B-10 anymore. Only the Pike version, same with the N-1. Sigh...

Worf

The numbers are odd. My new XL Pike Bros N-1 is listed as 27.5" for the XL. The B-10 is 29.13"
My actual jacket is about 25" pit to pit.
The liner is not that thick so I wonder what they're smoking...

Are we getting pics, Mr B?

Yeah! It's been raining so I can hopefully do today. Work is dumping tons of crap my way as I'm off for two weeks. Today is virtual hell day so Ill shoot for some later or tomorrow AM...
Stained the chairs out front too so they're ready for their closeups!

Edward

Bartender
The numbers are odd. My new XL Pike Bros N-1 is listed as 27.5" for the XL. The B-10 is 29.13"
My actual jacket is about 25" pit to pit.
The liner is not that thick so I wonder what they're smoking...

Could something have been lost in translation? They're German, they have the metric system there. (You know what the call a quarter pounder with cheese?).

Could something have been lost in translation? They're German, they have the metric system there. (You know what the call a quarter pounder with cheese?).

No...do tell :)
Measured the pits again and they're 26".
Now, it's quite possible that wearing it for three days has done that. It's not leather, but I can see/feel it breaking in and being more comfortable.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab

Worf's avatar would know..it wouldn't be "The Royale with Cheese" would it...lol

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Butte.... Ahem... I have the ARMY AIR FORCE jackets thank you... I was questioned closely at the West Point game I attended earlier this year by some graduates.... I reminded them that it WAS the Army Air Corps first, last and always. The jacket looks nice actually... but believe it or not, Mr. Chapman has agreed to make me a "Redskin" B6 and has sent some nice... shearling samples for me to rub on (much thinner than the AL shearling). Now, if I could only convince him to make me a B-10 in the process I'll be Jake!!!! The ONLY thing even faintly squdish in my wardrobe is a surplus Peacoat. It is my go to woolie but when I have to army again in a woolie out comes the Gloverall duffle. Thanks for the coat pull though.

Worf

Jings, those Spiewalks always look nice, but never my size! I'm really liking the look of that Pike Bros N1, though. I've had the joneses for one of those for quite a while. Pity they don't seem to do the blue as well.

Useful, thanks. :)

Pike have a black one that's nice.
Gotta say Edward, I really like this N-1.

Edward

Bartender
Pike have a black one that's nice.
Gotta say Edward, I really like this N-1.

I remember Ken describing the Pike B10 as "somewhat overengineered" - which appealed to me! Those Pike jackets are very keenly priced. I wish they would do a B15 and a B15A....

wild_balls

Practically Family
I have the Pike brothers N1, it is built like a tank!
The lining is very thick, I have used it some in quite cold weather. It is very warm! I also have the buzz rickson, it is much thinner, something to consider regarding sizing! How is yours Butte?

Cheers Joakim

I have the Pike brothers N1, it is built like a tank!
The lining is very thick, I have used it some in quite cold weather. It is very warm! I also have the buzz rickson, it is much thinner, something to consider regarding sizing! How is yours Butte?

Cheers Joakim

Joakim,

Mine is the newer model N-1 which uses the L/XL/XXL size tags. I hear from those that know better that the older models with 44/46/48 tags were heavier. For me, it's perfect. I met my pal for coffee this AM and we sat outside in ~44ºf weather drinking and talking for 90mins. I was wearing the N-1 and a chambray shirt which is not heavy. Perfect! So, I hear that the new ones like I have are less heavy, but for me, that works out perfectly. Will try to get some pics soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21