Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

budget B-10 help

wild_balls

Practically Family
Joakim,

Mine is the newer model N-1 which uses the L/XL/XXL size tags. I hear from those that know better that the older models with 44/46/48 tags were heavier. For me, it's perfect. I met my pal for coffee this AM and we sat outside in ~44ºf weather drinking and talking for 90mins. I was wearing the N-1 and a chambray shirt which is not heavy. Perfect! So, I hear that the new ones like I have are less heavy, but for me, that works out perfectly. Will try to get some pics soon.
Good to hear, mine is on the heavy side, but still a great jacket!

Joakim

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I remember Ken describing the Pike B10 as "somewhat overengineered" - which appealed to me! Those Pike jackets are very keenly priced. I wish they would do a B15 and a B15A....

Me too Edward. I wish someone would offer a range of models of the B-15 series which were accurate (within reason) and sharply priced. BR's are nice but I just can't bring myself to spend that on cloth/nylon. Weintraub Bros were onto a good thing but only offered the C and they don't do that anymore.

Edward

Bartender
Me too Edward. I wish someone would offer a range of models of the B-15 series which were accurate (within reason) and sharply priced. BR's are nice but I just can't bring myself to spend that on cloth/nylon. Weintraub Bros were onto a good thing but only offered the C and they don't do that anymore.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying one of Aero's when they sold the last few at Gbp130 or so a few years ago. At the time I wanted a B10, but now I prefer the 15....

Agreed on the price thing. I know it's irrational in the main, but I can convince myslef to pay way more for leather than textile!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points