Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Business shoe question.

RABowling

New in Town
All right fellas,
I got these shoes from Indy Magnoli, and they are great shoes, but I wanted to know others opinions on if they would be appropriate for a business environment, specifically a CPA firm. My main concern is the broguing, is there too much of it to be a business shoe? The color is a deep brown with red undertones, so I'm not too worried about color. I appreciate anyone's thoughts! Ladies feel free to chime in too!

ShoeShineSaturday002-1.jpg

Thanks!

-Ryan

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Actually, it does depend of the firm. Some companies ashier to the "business formal" mode, which I believe is a modern construct. It basically calls for nothing but black, navy, or charcoal gray suits, usually just white shirts, and specifically only black shoes. But, if your workplace used that strict of a guideline for its dress code, I'm sure you'd know. Those are some stellar kicks, you should wear them as much as possible!

RABowling

New in Town
That's good to know, I'll keep that in mind when I start job hunting. I'm planning on getting a pair of plain cap-toe black shoes, but probably not until after I land a job. My plan now is to stick with navys and greys that will look ok with the dark brown shoes. Thanks for the compliment by the way.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think those shoes would be fine. My Dad always wore wingtip shoes for business and church (he was a school principal from 1949 to 1979). I, also, always wore wingtip shoes for my work (hospital administration). My Dad always said that you only need three pair of wingtip shoes, one in black, one in brown, and one in cordovan. It always worked for me.

Edward

Bartender
Cracking shoes. I'm a big fan of brogues myself, not least from the purely utilitarian POV that the patterning makes any little scuff much less obvious than it would be on a plain shoe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy