Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cabela/Stetson hat

Erik

One of the Regulars
Cabelas has the following in their lineup:

"Designed exclusively for Cabela's customers, this is a rugged, sharp-looking Gun Club rendition of Stetson's Three Forks hat featuring a 2-1/2" brim. This hat's body is rabbit and hare fur with a teardrop-style, pinch front crown..."

So basically it looks like a Three Forks with rabbit and hare fur/felt.

They are $89.95, and I have some Cabelas cash to burn.

Any thoughts? (I've read up on modern Stetsons...)

Thanks in advance - Erik

RBH

Bartender
Three Forks

I have a Three Forks that I got about 8 years ago. I has held up good in all kinds of camping situations. [rain, wind, sun and more rain]
I cant say it hasnt tapered but then the Three Forks isnt a strict fedora style hat. But all in all it has been and still is a good hat.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They are on sale

Erik said:
Cabelas has the following in their lineup:

"Designed exclusively for Cabela's customers, this is a rugged, sharp-looking Gun Club rendition of Stetson's Three Forks hat featuring a 2-1/2" brim. This hat's body is rabbit and hare fur with a teardrop-style, pinch front crown..."

So basically it looks like a Three Forks with rabbit and hare fur/felt.

They are $89.95, and I have some Cabelas cash to burn.

Any thoughts? (I've read up on modern Stetsons...)

Thanks in advance - Erik

$59 now, tho' only in 7 1/4 & 7 1/2
Three Forks Hat

ledsled

One of the Regulars
My experience with 3 forks

I ordered a sage 3 forks from Cabela's at their sale price several months ago. When I first saw it in the box, I thought it was great (had a nice liner), but when I took it out of the box, the bash was off-center and it had an extra dent. I was so disappointed I sent it back and did not even consider exchanging it. :mad:
Then, a few months later I saw the exact same hat on ebay and took a chance. I won it for the opening bid and when it arrived, I was very pleased to see that the hat had no defects! :eusa_clap

I don't know what happened to the quality control of my first hat. Maybe the inspector was on a coffee break, or retired. ;) I suggest you inspect yours carefully. Hopefully it will be fine and you will enjoy it, for it is a good hat for the money!

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
Three Forks - Sage

I purchased my Cabella's three forks Stetson from Ebay for about 10 bucks. I believe Grapevine Hill was the storefront on the 'bay.

It is easily trained into bash variations. Mine has taken on a funky non-uniform roll to the brim, that makes the hat look pretty abused when it is off, but completely different when being worn.

I like to think that is how the "Sinatra" look is achieved, (now if I could only sing).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart