Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cal Leather Vintage Horsehide Motorcycle Jacket size 44/46

technovox

One Too Many
Very heavy, vintage Cal Leather Horsehide Motorcycle jacket in a rare larger size of 44/46. I just bought this from another FDL member here, and I’d love to keep it but it doesn’t quite fit.

These older Cal Leather jackets were very expensive to own back in the day, and were produced as custom orders in Ventura California USA. The quality on these Cal Leather jackets is simply amazing. The jacket is in great shape, features the vintage teardrop Talon zip on chest pocket, and original brass ring pull zips on hand warmer pockets. Original Talon zips on sleeves. The main zip is a heavy duty Talon double, possibly non-original but works perfectly. All zips, belt snaps work. Leather is supple and soft, not stiff at all, and has a wonderful patina. Lining is in good shape. Features one interior pocket. Mouton Fur on the interior of the sleeve cuffs as standard on all Cal Leather jackets of this style. Retains the original Cal Leather label (see pic) and will fit a size 44 (or possibly 46 depending how you like to wear your jacket.) Please go by approximate measurements since all these jackets were custom made to fit.

23.5" Pit to pit

19.5" shoulder seam to shoulder seam

26" length measured from base of collar in back

26.5-27" sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff

I’m putting this beauty at a special price for FDL members, since I was given a good deal on it, otherwise it goes on eBay at a higher value.
$275 not including shipping. Shipping is approximately $20 flat rate large USPS box Conus. Not really wanting to ship internationally because of duties/customs and all the complications, but will consider if an international member here really really can’t live without it…

If you’ve ever priced a new custom Cal Leather you’ll know that these vintage horsehide jackets are really a hidden value. This is a really solid, heavy motorcycle jacket, and I’d love to see it go to a good home for a member here at FDL. Please private email me with any questions.

Cal17_Main_s.jpg

Cal17_back_s.jpg

Cal17_collar_s.jpg

Cal17_label_s.jpg

Cal17_pocketzip_s.jpg

Cal17_mainzip_s.jpg

Cal17_sleeve_s.jpg

Last edited:
Christ almighty, that's got to be the most beautiful leather I've ever seen. The grain, the texture... If I was in the States, I'd literally offer you a trade for the Schott or the Model B.

EDIT: And if it wouldn't be too large...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael