Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians Please check in!

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
don't know if there is a thread for this, but any local ladys or gents (los angeles or inland empire) know of any good antique stores, I go to the same ones all the time, and usually find something loverly, but I'd like to see what else is out there.

pin_up_pixie

New in Town
Just noticed this thread so I'll chime in. San Leandro, in the east bay.

And for the record, I know there are many of us out there, but i'd love to meet some like minded, vintage lovers. Are there ever any meet ups in the Bay Area?

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
aww neighbor kind of! I grew up in duarte! disneyland is fun but I think I'm still on black out days

cool duarte is very close :) I just moved to monrovia on the 18th, I love it! MUCH better than living in Koreatown (where I grew up...) I need to get a new pass, my old one expired on my birthday ;(

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
don't know if there is a thread for this, but any local ladys or gents (los angeles or inland empire) know of any good antique stores, I go to the same ones all the time, and usually find something loverly, but I'd like to see what else is out there.

Have you been to Pomona? There are alot of stores there.. I need to go back there sometime, it's been forever!

Foothill cities, Monrovia and the like!

jtcarrey said:
I just moved to monrovia on the 18th, I love it! (
A lot of the foothill cities like Monrovia and Glendora are starting to work on their old town sections to bring in cool shops and eateries. Also friends of mine like to go out that way for the farmer's market.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
Hi there - On the first sunday of each month there is a great flea market at Pasadena City College. Most of the vendors are indoors in the parking structure plus 2-3 parking areas of vendors.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
scarlett said:
Hi there - On the first sunday of each month there is a great flea market at Pasadena City College. Most of the vendors are indoors in the parking structure plus 2-3 parking areas of vendors.

And the 3rd sunday is Long beach...its $5 to get in which is reasonable considering

and if one really likes to -pay- for shopping ...Rose Bowl is 2nd sundays....$8 to get in and not always worth that in my opinion...

also been to one at fairfax high....etc...pretty much there is a market for every sunday in the Southland

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
jtcarrey said:
cool duarte is very close :) I just moved to monrovia on the 18th, I love it! MUCH better than living in Koreatown (where I grew up...) I need to get a new pass, my old one expired on my birthday ;(

I love Monrovia, my brother lives there so I'm out that way often, and a little touch of my history, when I was in j.r. high I helped paint the inside of Pattys Antiques on Myrtle in old town Monrovia! lol the owner is awesome, I've known her since I was a kid.

FYI SoCal

Dear Ladies & Gents,

I have just posted in the EVENTS section the Southern California Backyard Party Invite for Saturday October 18th, 2008. If you are in the area or going to be out this way put it on your calendar and keep checking the thread.

We have had a great time for last 3 Backyard parties at my place, so don't you think it's time you made it to one?

Well, I hope you can come and join us, it'll be a blast. :p

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Berkeley and San Francisco here. I go to school at the University of California at Berkeley. I live in Berkeley a lot, but hang out in SF more and lived there for 10 years.

I always like meeting new people.

I have liked very much all the Lounge people I've met: FedoraGent, Lady Day, Wingnut, Miss1929, and many more. And that is just a few of the Bay Area members.

Please don't be put off by how opinionated and obnoxious I am on the Lounge.
I'm really nice in person, and can meet for a Martini any time.

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
I'm in a area called Green Valley just outside of Fairfield. I've lived in San Francisco, Sacramento, a very small don't blink or you'll miss it town in the Sierra foothills and I grew up down south in Glendora.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
I love Monrovia, my brother lives there so I'm out that way often, and a little touch of my history, when I was in j.r. high I helped paint the inside of Pattys Antiques on Myrtle in old town Monrovia! lol the owner is awesome, I've known her since I was a kid.

I've known Patty for a wile... before she was on Myrtle! When she had the little shop on Foothill! They're always so nice to me, every time I go in, they always give me a discount on most things I find!

The store I miss the most is Monrovia West Antiques... that was my favorite! At least two of the gals who worked there work at Kaleidoscope now... and I have seen Bruce around here and there... I started to shop at Monrovia West when I was just about 10 years old. I also recall that building was Sunshine Produce years before... I recall my Mother taking me there with my brother to buy groceries. And from what I have been told is that building originally was a Studebaker dealership in the 40s. Now it's been changed so badly to become an "EXTREME BOOT CAMP"... YAY! :rolleyes: Just what Monrovia needs... more Gyms that no one goes too!

John, I'll try and make it the 18th... if I have the day off.

=R

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner