Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians Please check in!

Redhead

New in Town
I'm from Sactown. Just moved here from Humboldt County. I agree with the San Francisco bums being aggressive, and they are on almost every street corner/intersection. The worst in the Mission District (where the Filmore Theater is). I've never seen so many people openly selling/smoking crack and trying to hustle me for money!

Regards,
Chandra

Imahomer

Practically Family
Redhead said:
I'm from Sactown. Just moved here from Humboldt County. I agree with the San Francisco bums being aggressive, and they are on almost every street corner/intersection. The worst in the Mission District (where the Filmore Theater is). I've never seen so many people openly selling/smoking crack and trying to hustle me for money!

Regards,
Chandra

I'm confused. Is there another Filmore in San Francisco, or has it moved or what? As far as I know, it's been on Geary for years. Geary isn't even close to the Mission district.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KeyGrip said:
UC Santa Cruz student checking in. When school is not in session I'm usually living in Santa Barbara with my family.

You are a brave man to wear fedoras and such out there. That is the only place I have seen with more tie-dyes than where I live ... Berkeley.

shepkatt

Familiar Face
San Diego native

Born in San Diego and have never left..

Grew up in Chula Vista.. moved to Bonita and currently living in Coronado.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
San Francisco

Bay Area born and raised. Family has been here awhile. There was a time, not too many decades ago, when one could address a letter simply 'The City, CA' and it would, of course, go to San Francisco, the only city west of Chicago. THAT was a Golden Era.

"Put on your gloves and hat, Loretta, we're going to The City."
--Jack

My fellow Californians

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge, here you can chat with like minded vintage-ofiles and learn about favorite subjects. The group is tremendously diverse and the hardwon knowledge of research flows feely here.

As I would remind all of the Loungers, be sure to check back to the events section often! With a little luck you'll find an event that's not too far away and get a chance to join a happy throng of new friends.

God's Blessings to all for the New Year, may 2009 be a fine year to make new friends!

Sincerely,

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Fellow Native Angeleno

CaddyKid21 said:
I've lived in Los Angeles my whole life.

Solid, brother!:eusa_clap What gets me is that growing up, people would say to me things like, "You were born in California? Not too many you of around!" And the ironic part of it was that most of my classmates were born here. I guess it was the post WWII mentality of "everybody came here with their families after the war" still kicking itself around...Now, of course, many people are natives, due to the children born to the high number of immigrants that have come to our state during the last 25 years. (I'm a teacher, I can vouch for it).;)

jnswickard

New in Town
I live in Dana Point and Indian Wells. My office is in the city of Newport Beach (forced to get the business license) with a Santa Ana Heights mailing address (I could explain but I am too new to risk getting kicked off the forum already).
I was born in South Haven Michigan, lived in Kent Ohio until age 5, Santa Monica until 16, Costa Mesa until 21, Newport Beach area until 2005.
I graduated from Whittier College in 1968, and the University of Laverne College of Law in 1986.
I did of course spend those years in the Middle East but then that is another story.:eusa_doh:
Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR