Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians Please check in!

fedoradeb

New in Town
Originally & Lately...

Originally I'm from Michigan, but I'm a Californian by heart. First came to the City of Angels in 1983 (lived everywhere from MDR to Santa Monica to Beverly Hills to Hollywood). Took a break in the 90s to live & work in Geneva, Switzerland. Returned to my favorite city in 2003. As of late I live in Studio City (near Universal / Hollywood Bowl).

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
I was born in Baja but I've lived in California almost my whole life (since I was 3), and never plan on leaving. My dream is to live in Los Angeles no matter how bad the traffic is! :)

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
Doran said:
I love RWC. My friend Scotty Rehlaender is from there. I haven't seen him in a while. Good town.
Ah I'm glad to hear it! It is nice here, a little quiet for my tastes though. But it's definitely been a fabulous place to grow up, good town indeed :)

Lily Powers

Practically Family
JessiLynn said:
Ah I'm glad to hear it! It is nice here, a little quiet for my tastes though. But it's definitely been a fabulous place to grow up, good town indeed :)

Born in SF (how I love that City) to two wild and crazy kids... put up for adoption and lived in Belmont (even more quiet than RWC!). Stayed in the Bay Area for years then headed south to the Central Coast. Don't want to move back to Belmont, but enjoy the nostalgia of remembering it.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JessiLynn said:

A short Caltrain ride away to SF, then you have Club Deluxe on Haight, everything in North Beach, the Verdi Club, Schroeder's, everything you need.

In the early 1990s I worked in Mountain View, on Castro Street, at Printer's Inc. Cafe/Bookstore. Scotty Rehlaendeer lived in RWC and worked on the same street. He and I used to take Caltrain up from Mountain View or from his mother's house in RWC and go to Club Deluxe. What fun that was! That was the early San Francisco "Swing Revival." I wore a black bowler derby a lot in those years. In my mind, Redwood City is always linked with those years.

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
Los Angeles, California

I currently reside in Los Angeles/Venice Beach. I've lived in LA for about 8+ years now. I don't go out as often because sometimes I'm a bit disgusted with the outside world. You could say I wish I could thrust myself back in time. But when I do go out I visit historical places and vintage/antique shops.

JennyLou

Practically Family
Hi there fellow Californians. I'm from La Puente, Ca. Thats in the San Gabriel Valley. 91746. But I consider West Covina and Monrovia my adopted towns.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
JennyLou said:
Hi there fellow Californians. I'm from La Puente, Ca. Thats in the San Gabriel Valley. 91746. But I consider West Covina and Monrovia my adopted towns.

I like Monrovia, pretty town. I work near it but I live in Los Angeles near down town.

Welcome Newbies!

Extending a big Hi and How are you to the ladies and gents as they join us here at the Happy Place! Yes there are like minded individuals around.

I also would like to direct you to look over the EVENTS section to see where the Loungers are getting together and the Steamer Trunk section to see pictures of the various gatherings and such. Keep an eye out for the cool stuff, like in November we'll do it up big at the annual Queen Mary Event in Long Beach, California! (We Southern Californians tend to shine with stuff going on monthly and sometimes weekly!):p

Don't forget you need to get something like 15 or 20 posts before you can PM to ask those special questions like where did you get that hat! Etc.

Welcome again and have fun!

lagunie

New in Town
Heaven calling

Grew up in Hollywood and graduated from Hollywood High when it was beautiful. Drove by it a few years ago and gasped! Lived mostly in the West Hollywood area. Now live in (please don't hate me) Laguna Beach. Died and went to heaven.

JennyLou

Practically Family
Rockapin-up said:
I like Monrovia, pretty town. I work near it but I live in Los Angeles near down town.

I think Monrovia is a town that is caught in the past. I love it and hope to live there some day. I currently volunteer at the Monrovia Historical Museum. It's a nice small museum. They have a lot of vintage items on display. I like going through the inventory and looking at all the vintage clothing and appliances.

The foothill cities each have their own flavor and they seem to be discovering how to become vibrant places to visit. San Dimas has a couple of blocks with antique stores and the feed store that is rather charming. Glendora is becoming a fun spot to visit too. I went to a neat farmer's market there last summer that was cool.

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
lagunie said:
Grew up in Hollywood and graduated from Hollywood High when it was beautiful. Drove by it a few years ago and gasped! Lived mostly in the West Hollywood area. Now live in (please don't hate me) Laguna Beach. Died and went to heaven.

Where did you go to jr. high? LeConte? Bancroft?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy