Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians Please check in!

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
something near the Hearst Castle would be a great excuse for a road trip :)

and an excuse to go oogle over deliciously gaudy items I could never afford in that gorgeous setting!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Wolf said:
I agree with Doran. Plus he's a fun guy to hang around with.
Although some of previous fun NorCal-ers have defected to SoCal.:(

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Thanks, Wolf.

Too bad about the DEFECTORS.

Inky

One Too Many
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
something near the Hearst Castle would be a great excuse for a road trip :)

and an excuse to go oogle over deliciously gaudy items I could never afford in that gorgeous setting!

if anyone goes to Hearst Castle let us know - we're only 1.5 hours south of there! Lovely place to visit!

Yes, us Southern Californians think that you Northern Californians need to have more events too.

I need to ask: who's waiting for some kind of central committee to put it together? All you have to do is find cool places to go and neat events that are going on and post them, see if others are willing to go. Get the members out, together and getting to know each other so that they want to join in on the fun. Cheap days like picnics or some vintage film festival work well and even better than $1500 cruises for most budgets.

The main thing is to get people together to share their knowledge and experience with others and to simply have fun with people that have silmilar likes and hobbies type of thing.

Go forth and multiply!

Best wishes!

Deep LA

Hi Gang!

If you get a chance go to the events section and at the top we have a "sticky" for an event coming up a few weeks away.

The" Deep LA Biltmore Event" is the weekend of Oct. 16-18 with some walks and rides, dining out, talking, drinks - a trip to the vintage fashion expo and a finale at the Cicada Club. You can come for ANY PART of the get together and don't worry if you haven't anything vintage to wear, it's more important to meet with everyone and get a chance to talk!

So please take a gander at the thread at the top of the Events Section ASAP.

Best Wishes and hope to see you there.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I'm in Santa Cruz for the next year. Still haven't met anyone from the Fedora Lounge! I can easily come to SF on a saturday, for example. Would anyone like to go out for cocktails? :) I'm also up for any other kind of excursion, like for example Hearst Castle!

DannyBoy

New in Town
Laura Chase said:
I'm in Santa Cruz for the next year. Still haven't met anyone from the Fedora Lounge! I can easily come to SF on a saturday, for example. Would anyone like to go out for cocktails? :) I'm also up for any other kind of excursion, like for example Hearst Castle!
Welcome to sunny California! I think there's quite a few swing events that go on in Santa Cruz. Haven't been down to check any of them out myself, but you might want to look around.

Southern Californians and anyone visiting! I am going to do my Backyard BBQ and Potluck at my home in Covina on Sunday Nov. 15th, 2009.

See the thread here in the events section.

Post on the thread to Let me know if you're coming, what you want to bring and I'll give you my address via PM.

Dr Doran

I am SORELY tempted, John! Had such a ball on Sunday at the Cicada. SORELY.

Laura/Lejla: we gotta meet soon ... it has almost happened so many times ...

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Doran said:
I am SORELY tempted, John! Had such a ball on Sunday at the Cicada. SORELY.

Laura/Lejla: we gotta meet soon ... it has almost happened so many times ...

Yes, yes, yes, I am dying to meet you! I'm so sad about not being able to go to your party yesterday because of my midterms. Can't we make a trip down to Hearst Castle or something like that soon? Or just cocktails in SF? Who is up for that? My midterms are over wednesday and I am free to do things on the following weekend, that is November 6-7.

Who would like to do something with me on that weekend? I have my fancy shoes with me but I haven't even had a chance to wear them yet! Pleeeease. ;)

Dr Doran

If you had mentioned it a slightly longer while ago than a few days ago. Saturday and Sunday I have plans. Couples often have plans because their schedules are complicated. I may be able to carve something out on Saturday but not in the evening: I have a dinner to attend. Sunday we are having some people over, unless they flake: Sunday may work if you can come to Berkeley.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Doran said:
If you had mentioned it a slightly longer while ago than a few days ago. Saturday and Sunday I have plans. Couples often have plans because their schedules are complicated. I may be able to carve something out on Saturday but not in the evening: I have a dinner to attend. Sunday we are having some people over, unless they flake: Sunday may work if you can come to Berkeley.

No problem, it was a really short notice since it's an impulsive idea.

To all SF loungers: Please let me know if you go out together for drinks one evening, I would love to come join you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy