Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians Please check in!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know it seems like we don't have that many events in Nor Cal, but I can't possibly go to all the vintage events that I hear about!

I don't think there's really any more events south or north, we just wish we could be both places at once.

And speaking of expensive Art Deco Society events, I am the Event Chair for the Preservation Ball on May 8 ( a date deliberately chosen NOT to conflict with the Avalon Ball), so you should come!

YETI

A-List Customer
I don't venture much outside the clothing and accessory isles, but I may as well chime in. The 'Yeti' was born in San Francisco, grew up in Daly City, and presently resides in Vallejo less than 40 minutes from the City. :rolleyes:

1*Cool*Kitten

One of the Regulars
High Desert}Hesperia/Apple Valley/Victorville

I live in The High Desert....the first "P" stop befor Victorville! The "IN-N-OUT" stop! "Up-the-hill" from San Bernardino (on the way to "Vegas, Baby!")
Hella hot in the summer; Hella cold in da winter! And there's wind all the friggn' time! & NO in between!! It's the desert! there's a reason why they call it a "DESERT"!!!

Dr Doran

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Hm, do you ever actually come to Southern California?

Sure do! Was at the Cicada Club not long ago at all, where I met Idle Dame, Widebrim, Johnny Danger, and a host of other luminaries. Stayed with FedoraGent and Magneto. Had a ball. I love LA when it isn't hot. I HATE HEAT. HATE. HATE. HATE.

Doran said:
Sure do! Was at the Cicada Club not long ago at all, where I met Idle Dame, Widebrim, Johnny Danger, and a host of other luminaries. Stayed with FedoraGent and Magneto. Had a ball. I love LA when it isn't hot. I HATE HEAT. HATE. HATE. HATE.
If you can afford it, living near the ocean down here brings the number of excessive heat days down considerably. There are certain coastal towns that are islands of cool most of the year. San diego is supposed to have pretty cool temps for about as south as you can get in Southern California.

Dr Doran

John in Covina said:
If you can afford it, living near the ocean down here brings the number of excessive heat days down considerably. There are certain coastal towns that are islands of cool most of the year. San diego is supposed to have pretty cool temps for about as south as you can get in Southern California.

True -- I'm originally from Santa Monica (603 11th Street, to be exact) and it was never hot there. When I was 16, though, my folks moved to Van Nuys. A more horrible place I have never seen in the First World. Boiling hot all year. No culture. No esplanades with fountains. No statues. No nothing. Barely even a public library. A monstrous location.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Doran said:
True -- I'm originally from Santa Monica (603 11th Street, to be exact) and it was never hot there. When I was 16, though, my folks moved to Van Nuys. A more horrible place I have never seen in the First World. Boiling hot all year. No culture. No esplanades with fountains. No statues. No nothing. Barely even a public library. A monstrous location.

Yes, Van Nuys has little if anything to recommend it...

Miss_Bella_Hell

Doran said:

Oh, awesome! I look forward to abusing you in person sometime in the near future!

BlameOnMame

New in Town
Grew up in Santa Monica. We have a love-hate relationship.
I currently reside in lovely Koreatown. Just two blocks of the beautiful Wiltern Theater.
I get to walk by it every day and try to imagine Gable standing outside on the eve of it's opening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy