Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camptown '1957 Legend'...Excited About It!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Nevada Smith said:
...The 'style/name' of this hat was, of course, chosen to reflect the year in which the latest Jones film takes place. It is, I think, an 'iconic' year, connoting all the imagery (film-wise, cars, events) that can romantically be considered "Legendary".

Very well put Nevada!
Now that is a fantastic avatar. good job! I'm sure our very own Hemingway Jones would love this one as well.

Cheers!

Dan

JerseyJones

Vendor
Nevada Smith said:
...No, (W.C. Fields!), I have not, but am looking for that UPS truck every day! Man, I'm ready to stick some fishing flies in it & hit the river...

Your patience will soon be rewarded Nevada ! I have yours on my shelf in, of all places my law office, where I presently also have my steamer, my shears and a 2000 page appellate brief with exhibits that I am reviewing.

Hows that for multitasking? :eek:

To those, with orders, your patience and understanding since the baby arrived and such has been great. I am on the case for you all. Pinky swear !

Call me ANYTIME ! 973 477 0934

Cheers,
Ken

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Patience rewarded...

Huzzah! Got of the phone with Ken a little while ago. He was shaping my lid as we spoke and was going to put it in the box to go out today! :D It has been a week of good news. I can't wait to get my mitts on this new lid. It should arrive just in time for my latest Disneyland treck for my birthday. :D

Cheers!

Dan

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
DJ...I'm thinking shots of you and the new Camptown on the Jungle Cruise ...maybe some shots in front of the Pirates and some by the Haunted Mansion are needed!....:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap and Happy (upcoming) Birthday!:D

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
For those that love a tall crown...

Alright folks here is my review of #003. Holy smokes!! :eek: This is one fine hat. Soft right out of the box. Not only to the touch put in pliability. Shapes great this way and it still holds the shape put in without any steam. It is decidedly darker than the Fieldmaster & the crown is taller but the proportions are perfect. The fit is perfect right out of the box. No padding or tweaking needed at all.
All in all a top quality hat from a top drawer stand up guy. Thank you so very much Ken for this wonderful hat. You have outdone yourself for sure. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Here are a few pics:

Indoors
100_2455.jpg

Outdoors
100_2459.jpg

Side by side with my Fieldmaster (left).
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/DanielJones/IndyGear/100_2476.jpg

More to come folks! :)

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here are a few more submitted for your approval.

100_2464.jpg

100_2472.jpg

100_2463.jpg

I must say that I am very happy with this lid. Good Job Ken!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
This one will be going to Disneyland with me this weekend. I can't wait to show it off. :D :D :D

Cheers!

Dan

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Metro arrived

My Metro arrived and it is a very nice hat. A little firmer than I thought it would be. I spent the evening bashing it while watching "The Maltese Falcon" on TCM. It took a good bit of water, but it came out great. I gave it a shape similar to Panama Bob's Diamante (a diamond bash) which I also have and have gotten great comments on how well the shape compliments my face.

I know, I know. This is useless without pics. Unfortunately my wife has our camera with her out on the east coast, but I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
That is a very nice looking hat. I've been waiting awhile to see the Legend and I am not disappointed!! Nice work!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Kudos again to Ken who has delivered another rock solid product. This one has to be the easiest of the three thus far. Very flexible yet stiff enough to hold it's shape well.
Where the Metropolitan is a little thicker and a tad more rigid right out of the box, the Legend is as soft as a hat is when handled for a couple of years right out of the box. An instant favorite and an instant classic.

I would also like to thank Steve over at Adventurebilt. If it wasn't for his input, cooperation & help with this particular block this Legend wouldn't be a reality it is today. Thank you!!

Super hat y'all. :D :D

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
You know, it wasn't that awful. The temps were supposed to be about 83° in Anaheim, but I think it was more like 86° in the Parks with all of the asphalt and warm bodies there.
I only had to remove the hat a couple of time to wipe the sweat off of the brow. All in all very comfortable to wear in those temperatures.

I've been wearing it around town here & it's usually around 96° for this past week. No problems there either. The ventilated sweatband does allow a nice breeze up under the hat and over the head too.
Hope that helps you out.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo