Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can a man appreciate vintage and be metro?

Rooster

Practically Family
gender fluidity
Oh, all these new labels I've never heard of before. It just proves to me what an old fossil I am.lol
I'm so busy I've never had time to ponder my sexual fluidity.....[huh] All I know is I dig chickslol

Edward

Bartender
ShooShooBaby said:
edward,

your last post pretty much rules. :eusa_clap i'm a huge fan of gender fluidity myself. i'm not sure why people feel the need to police others' gender and sexual expression so much. that's all i have time to say on the subject right now, i have to leave for work!

Why, thank you! Yeah, i think we all need a little more tolerance in the world. I'm sure some folks would find me highly conservative in my morals in some respects, but there's a time and a place, and the one thing about respect is that it's damn near impossible to find unless it's mutual!

Rooster said:
Oh, all these new labels I've never heard of before. It just proves to me what an old fossil I am.lol
I'm so busy I've never had time to ponder my sexual fluidity.....[huh] All I know is I dig chickslol

Yip, I dig chicks (now there's a phrase I don't think I've ever used before) too - just sometimes, in some folks' eyes, I like to dress a little like one too. :D

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Edward - I must say you bring colour to this lounge.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Besides, I have never wondered about metro/homo/fomo or whatever. As long as people do not hurt each other, they can do what they find best.
I have two sons - the oldest is gay and the youngst is a fullblown womaniser at 19. So who am I to judge.:)

Edward

Bartender
Spitfire said:
Edward - I must say you bring colour to this lounge.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Besides, I have never wondered about metro/homo/fomo or whatever. As long as people do not hurt each other, they can do what they find best.
I have two sons - the oldest is gay and the youngst is a fullblown womaniser at 19. So who am I to judge.:)

Ha ha, thanks.... I think..... :p

All you need now is a third kid who's bi, and you have the hat trick. :D

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
I find all this...

...what makes a man and what makes a woman stuff the result of too much over thinking things. Relax have a drink and stop over thinking things. Life is too short. Wear what you want. Relate to other people the way you feel you must.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself a break.

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
Memories...

Miss Neecerie said:
If you politely offered...and I didnt get the 'wierd and creepy' vibe from you, I would be ok with someone changing a tire for me.

I -know- i know how to change a tire..so nothing anyone could imply would change that 'I can do it' in my head.

Sadly, the offers don't generally happen, and I understand that it's sometimes because men assume women will find it unsafe, creepy...etc..

Your comment brings back an episode that happened to me many years ago.

I had seen a car with its flashers on, and a young woman several hundred yards down the Expressway walking towards a service station. I stopped and offered my assistance. I'll always remember the look she gave me; it was one of fear and suspicion. I thought she would run away.

What seemed to change her mind was my offer to let her use my car phone, and that the acceptance of a ride was purely up to her. Seems that the offer of options won her over. As I dropped her as the gas station, she apologized and said she was so taken aback at the offer of assistance, she thought there had to be an ulterior motive.

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Mid-fogey said:
...what makes a man and what makes a woman stuff the result of too much over thinking things. Relax have a drink and stop over thinking things. Life is too short. Wear what you want. Relate to other people the way you feel you must.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself a break.

You know what.. you are talking sense!
I think I am comming to that conclusion too lol

YARVTON

New in Town
Who's the Father of the "Metrosexual?"

Why, Mark Simpson, of course!

Haven't read through EVERY post here, but didn't see mention of He Who Coined the Term.

marksimpson.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo