Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can anyone help me find this desk or one like it?

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
I am looking for a desk like the one used in the movie Ziegfeld Follies (1946). It's French, Louis XV style, in white.

Here are some photos of it. They are the best I could get as I had to take a pic of the TV. I could not find any pics online.

desk1.jpg

desk2.jpg

desk3.jpg

Craigslist, eBay and antique/thrift shops have not been helpful as of yet. I even called MGM and Sony studios, both of which have no idea what happened to the original desk.Also, any antique desks are much smaller in size, whereas I would like something about 60" wide by 30" deep.

I am willing to get it custom-made for a reasonable price, but don't really know of anyone to do it.

If anyone knows of a shop or a carpenter in the So. CA area that could help me, please let me know.

Thanks ever so.

Lilibet

New in Town
It looks like a partners' desk, with drawers that can be accessed on both sides? Does it need to be accessible from both sides?

Here is one that can be ordered in whatever finish you like. The company is to the trade only, so you will need to go through an interior designer to purchase it. The Pacific Design Center in L.A. could probably help you if you don't already know somebody.

http://www.louisjsolomon.com/PDFLaunch.aspx?SKU=DSK-20605

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Thanks for your reply. It does not need to be a partner desk. I just need as many drawers as possible because it will be replacing an executive style desk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran