Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can anyone read Japanese?

BlueWallpaper

Familiar Face
Can't copy and paste the characters!

size_12.gif

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I came up against that as well a while back. Needs to be a document rather than a photo or a read only. I'm no expert on these things by the way.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
So, the yellow column on the left.
From the top, tag size in inches.
Length in cm.
Shoulder width in cm.
Chest in cm.
Sleeve length in cm.
Cuff diameter in cm.

The blurb at the bottom says that length is measured from the collar seam straight down to the hem, and that all measurements may vary slightly for each individual product.

jerez

One of the Regulars
I think through their web form. I will have to look. I have a friend in Japan and might get his help to order.

Hh121

Banned
I think many members here would love the Japanese maker, I have see many exquisite jacket in Chinese forum, of course it comes with ridiculous price.

BlueWallpaper

Familiar Face
Yes, it's Tenjin. The webform just didn't work for me so I called them up and got their email. For anyone that's interested it's info@tenjinworks.com

They currently have a 'Golden Week Special' on.
So, the yellow column on the left.
From the top, tag size in inches.
Length in cm.
Shoulder width in cm.
Chest in cm.
Sleeve length in cm.
Cuff diameter in cm.

The blurb at the bottom says that length is measured from the collar seam straight down to the hem, and that all measurements may vary slightly for each individual product.

Thank you so much!

BlueWallpaper

Familiar Face
Yes, it's Tenjin. The webform just didn't work for me so I called them up and got their email. For anyone that's interested it's info@tenjinworks.com. They were nice and have replied to my initial email. I'm currently figuring out sizing for a JT01 (I believe the current version has no chest pocket for anyone looking). If anyone has any words of wisdom on color or whether I should man up and get the natural, all opinions welcome!

They currently have a 'Golden Week Special' on (so I assume ends tomorrow). If go to Instagram you can see it in their second from last post. If Instagram's translation feature is to be believed I think it's adding length to the body and sleeves free of charge along with a free color addition and, although maybe this is just in place of the color, an aging brush and wax.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@BlueWallpaper, no problem.
Today's the last day of the Golden Week holidays, so you might want to get your skates on if the sale is only for the duration.

Technonut

Practically Family
For future reference, there are smartphone apps available which allow translations through the phone's camera.. Not sure how well they work, but may be worth a try for folks running into a similar issue. :)

http://www.k-international.com/blog/translation-apps-2016/

Cool Tricks: Translate signs, menus and other written content using your phone’s camera. Offline support for some languages, plus excellent integration with the Android operating system for translating text messages and websites.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks RD.

1. How would you compare the workmanship to other well known brands?

2. Separately, how would you describe the leather? How does it compare to other well known leathers?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks RD.

1. How would you compare the workmanship to other well known brands?

2. Separately, how would you describe the leather? How does it compare to other well known leathers?

I remember thinking the workmanship being on par with RMC, can't confirm as I did not do a side by side comparison (no RMC in my closet).
I can take some close-up pictures and post them later if you want?
Although you can't see it from this pic, there is a hand-warmer pocket behind the D-pocket

At the time I got this jacket, they told that they only do vegetable tanned cowhide, because of its ageing characteristics. Not sure if they changed.
The panels are a bit mismatched, you can probably notice that one sleeve has that pebbled look while the other one is smooth.
Leather feels nice, medium weight. It is still stiff as I have not worn it that often yet, but I intend to correct that, as I am curious to see how it will evolve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24