Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can anyone tell me what color this Akubra Stylemaster is?

Pduck

One of the Regulars
stylemaster.jpg

This seems to be the most common image used on all the Akubra hat sites, but it looks to be a different color from the Stylemaster hats that I've seen posted here.

Thanks

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Based on what I know of the Akubra colors, my guess would be either mid gray or bluegrass green.

However, I once e-mailed everything australian and asked them what color was shown in a picture. They got back to me promptly. So you could try that, since they have that pic on their site.

G MAN

One of the Regulars
The Akubra site has that hat as bluegrass green but I would have never guessed from that picture. I like the shot of it on the Hatsdirect site in moonstone and have been waiting for a good excuse why I need another Hat.

jec

One of the Regulars
I have always assumed that this often-reproduced image is just a poor representation of the acorn-fawn, since that is one of the standard colors available in the Stylemaster.

Pduck

One of the Regulars
I had assumed it was acorn fawn also, but there are a few posts here that show that color as a light tan. The image in question is more of a greenish gray.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Pduck said:
I had assumed it was acorn fawn also, but there are a few posts here that show that color as a light tan. The image in question is more of a greenish gray.

That's why I'm thinking bluegrass green. If we rule out mid grey as too dark, that's the only color it's available in that makes sense, given it's gray-green appearance. Anybody have a hat in that color?

carldelo

One Too Many
I remember reading somewhere it was bluegrass green. I think I saw that same picture on a different vendor site (an internal Aussie one, I think) that said so. It certainly doesn't look anything like the various pictures I've seen of hats in acorn fawn - check the thread "My new Akubra Stylemaster in Acorn Fawn"
http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=27453

EDIT: OK - I found it - for those who may doubt, it is shown as bluegrass green on the Akubra main site - I assume they know what they're talking about. It's down near the bottom of the page, the color of the hat in the thumbnail is shown in bold in the color choice list:

http://www.akubra.com.au/products_fashion.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy