Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I Wear a Long Oval?

wgiceman

One of the Regulars
I normally just get my hat size as indicated in a hat. But if I had the chance to get a long oval or an extra long oval, would I have a problem in fitting it? Can the long oval or extra long oval be reshaped to a normal oval? Is it feasible to get the extra long oval if the price is low enough, or would I be better off to pass on this one?

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
If it's a vintage hat you're talking about, don't break my heart by ruining, er, reshaping a LO or XLO! Such hats are hard to find, and those of us who need them are ever in search for them.

wgiceman

One of the Regulars
skyvue said:
If it's a vintage hat you're talking about, don't break my heart by ruining, er, reshaping a LO or XLO! Such hats are hard to find, and those of us who need them are ever in search for them.

Oh, well. I guess I will have to forget about trying to obtain the one I am looking at. For those concerned, there is a beautiful Kevin Andrews Open Road, XLO on ebay, sized 7 1/4. Perhaps another FL-er will get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael