Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can someone please help me find this type of leather jacket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
And speaking of which, I forgot to add, since this project will obviously take much longer than I expected, so that the final jacket probably won't arrive to me prior to mid February or so (my expectations), here's a question:

Can anyone suggest any similar jacket I could buy "in the meantime" to please me, just so I have something new that perhaps resembles around 60% the original? I don't need the zig-zag design or that strap-cuff or similar seams. I would forgive a lot of the missing features. What would be essential are the "A2 / Indy Style" pockets, the collar, the "distressed brown" look, and totally round shoulders. Because with round shoulders I could order it slightly oversized to have the shoulder seams drop a bit. Lol... just something that came to me today. Having a "similar in some ways" but also "different in other ways" jacket that gives me at least a little "feeling" of the original, that I can have something while continuing to work on this project.

(BTW: Jackets that have text / logos / brand names on the exterior are a deal-breaker for me.)

An Indiana Jones jacket in 3XL?

And speaking of which, I forgot to add, since this project will obviously take much longer than I expected, so that the final jacket probably won't arrive to me prior to mid February or so (my expectations), here's a question:

Can anyone suggest any similar jacket I could buy "in the meantime" to please me, just so I have something new that perhaps resembles around 60% the original? I don't need the zig-zag design or that strap-cuff or similar seams. I would forgive a lot of the missing features. What would be essential are the "A2 / Indy Style" pockets, the collar, the "distressed brown" look, and totally round shoulders. Because with round shoulders I could order it slightly oversized to have the shoulder seams drop a bit. Lol... just something that came to me today. Having a "similar in some ways" but also "different in other ways" jacket that gives me at least a little "feeling" of the original, that I can have something while continuing to work on this project.

(BTW: Jackets that have text / logos / brand names on the exterior are a deal-breaker for me.)

My suggestion is to not go down that path. I've several times purchased something just to scratch an itch and not only hated it at the end but couldn't get rid of it once finally landing the real deal. It's a waste of time and money and I think you'll be much happier once the project materializes. It's all about the wait, anyway. :) Once you get the jacket, you're gonna have to come up with something else to look forward to. I've been there. Many times.

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
An Indiana Jones jacket in 3XL?
LOL :D I totally would... but most if not all of them unfortunately have pointy shoulders and also have large sleeve lengths especially compared to the jacket length, so that 3XL would make my hands non-visible, and it would have weird pointy shoulders at the seams. On the other hand, what Monitor said is probably right. It's worth waiting to get the real thing.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
February is not too far off, just think of it as delayed gratification :)

I am wondering what your next project will be after you get this one where you want it to be... It is addictive lol

February is not too far off, just think of it as delayed gratification :)

I am wondering what your next project will be after you get this one where you want it to be... It is addictive lol

You've no idea! Quite a few jackets lately that I have deliberately decided to pass on, simply because I don't want to stay out of things to look forward to.
Being focused on the most pricey things the world has to offer helps as well. Like Chrome Hearts.

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Whoa! I love this one! Thank you. No, the Etsy one does not beat this one. However, I looked at the measurements and it's too small. This one needs to have, at the very least 60 cm from shoulder seam to shoulder seam.

Dammit.

The measurements are a little suspect... they give a pit-pit measurement of only 23.5", which for the shoulders to be 21.5" is unusual. It'd like to see how they are taking the measurement. In any case, I doubt it would be oversized enough for you to have the fit you're looking for, but I think it's a nice jacket. It's a little bit slightly oversized with the shoulder seam falling to about 1-2" off where they "should" on the shoulder, but it doesn't look bad, and it actually looks like this one is made from decent leather, too. For $80, you could easily move it if you weren't happy with it and get your money back. If you like it that much, I'd take the chance. If nothing else, it will give you some additional research material and fitting experience for the custom build.

This one isn't quite as accurate in the rest of the details, but has a 24.5" shoulder-shoulder measurement, which is just massive.

https://northerngrip.com/collections/leather-jackets/products/vintage-90s-leather-parka-jacket-2

Last edited:

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
The measurements are a little suspect... they give a pit-pit measurement of only 23.5", which for the shoulders to be 21.5" is unusual. It'd like to see how they are taking the measurement. In any case, I doubt it would be oversized enough for you to have the fit you're looking for, but I think it's a nice jacket. It's a little bit slightly oversized with the shoulder seam falling to about 1-2" off where they "should" on the shoulder, but it doesn't look bad, and it actually looks like this one is made from decent leather, too. For $80, you could easily move it if you weren't happy with it and get your money back. If you like it that much, I'd take the chance. If nothing else, it will give you some additional research material and fitting experience for the custom build.
Yeah the measurements don't make much sense for me either, unless the model in the picture is totally different than what they describe. They are saying he's 1,80m. I am slightly taller at 1,84m.

I wouldn't mind wearing this jacket even if it isn't very oversized, as I have plenty of normal fitting ones lol... but these measurements seem odd, especially this sleeve length they are giving... the sleeve would apparently be ending several cm above my wrist?

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
OK I ordered it just for the lulz since it wasn't expensive, because it seems to fit "normally" or "slightly" oversize on a person who is supposedly almost my height, so if they are off in their description and it's actually larger than described, then I will get something wearable. If not, no biggie.

Please note: The link posted by Guppy now links to a completely different jacket, not the one I ordered. The link changed after my order.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm so excited to see this product come to fruition, even though I'm racked with guilt and pray that God forgives us for helping this jacket come into being.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
OK I ordered it just for the lulz since it wasn't expensive, because it seems to fit "normally" or "slightly" oversize on a person who is supposedly almost my height, so if they are off in their description and it's actually larger than described, then I will get something wearable. If not, no biggie.

Please note: The link posted by Guppy now links to a completely different jacket, not the one I ordered. The link changed after my order.

The link is still good. I actually posted a second link to a different jacket after you said the first one wasn't big enough.

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
I hope you do like the one you bought. I think it actually looks like a pretty good jacket. Good luck with the fit when it arrives!
Thanks. I also found this interesting: It says in their measuring guide that "All measurements are taken flat, unstretched, from back"

If they're measuring pit to pit from the back, especially unstretched... aren't they doing it wrong?

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
I'm so excited to see this product come to fruition, even though I'm racked with guilt and pray that God forgives us for helping this jacket come into being.

Please allow me to comfort you both so you can sleep better: If you did not actively participate in helping the project come to fruition: via advice, drawings/measurements, or recommendations regarding potential people/companies, then you should not fear God's punishment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore