Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can someone please help me find this type of leather jacket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
It's from mid 90s TV, see pictures below. I've asked on Reddit as well as on another forum and no one really had a clue. All the information I was given, that it's either a pilot / air-force jacket or a trucker / dock-worker jacket, but this does not seem to be accurate based on what I've seen. From what I've personally gathered, it seems to have many characteristics of the Indiana Jones "Lost Ark" jacket, but nonetheless significantly modified, especially with more buttons and different cuffs.

Any insight is greatly appreciated...

lCj5CL0.png

Ahc3E4X.png

d5sYOSG.png

tUvpv85.png

xpys7Zc.png

oNUWeeK.png

cKvwbSX.png

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Not sure but I think Andrew Mark makes that same jacket.......

Last edited:

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
This just looks like an amalgamation of many different jackets. The two jackets it's most closely patterned after would probably be an Indy jacket with car coat length.
Thank you very much for your contribution! You are definitely right about the Indy thing. The lack of upper pockets plus there are two large front pockets with a button instead of a zipper. This part is definitely "Indy" style, although I'm sure other jackets like some "Trucker" jackets have it as well. The jacket also closes with several buttons and a zipper, but there are more buttons as opposed to the Indy style which only has one or two. I'm not sure about the "car coat length" thing, what exactly is meant by this, but the jacket doesn't seem to be very long, or maybe you're just referring to a particular style of jacket that I'm unaware of.

The biggest difference is in the cuffs. They're not just plain cuffs. And a particular "zig zag" design between the buttons is visible, although not necessarily significant in terms of design.

What about this jacket is particularly interesting/attractive to you?
I love leather jackets and own several of them, but this one just struck me as interesting because it's unusual, in a way, and good looking to me personally. A matter of taste, like everything. :)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
It's from mid 90s TV, see pictures below. I've asked on Reddit as well as on another forum and no one really had a clue. All the information I was given, that it's either a pilot / air-force jacket or a trucker / dock-worker jacket, but this does not seem to be accurate based on what I've seen. From what I've personally gathered, it seems to have many characteristics of the Indiana Jones "Lost Ark" jacket, but nonetheless significantly modified, especially with more buttons and different cuffs.

Any insight is greatly appreciated...

lCj5CL0.png

Ahc3E4X.png

d5sYOSG.png

tUvpv85.png

xpys7Zc.png

oNUWeeK.png

cKvwbSX.png
X-file :D typical 90s oversized jacket, the leather looks decent. Like you said it looks like Indy jacket with parka style flap over the main zip.

Last edited:

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
An eBay search for “90’s leather jacket” ought to produce a myriad of this style. Wildly oversized. It’s like a brown version of the black jackets often seen on “Friends”.
View attachment 387487 View attachment 387488
Harkens back to a time when pant legs were attached as sleeves.
Does the black jacket in your picture have similar front pockets and button+zipper closing system? If not, then it ain't it.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Shoulder seam a good 4 inches down the arm... Chest size gives a good 14 inches of ease at least... Massive batwing effect as a result... Sleeves down to the fingertips.

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
I mean... just... look at it.
It might be slightly oversized which I think is cool and more comfortable. I have many "normal" regular size leather jackets as well as oversized ones. I like both, depending on the occasion. Same thing with t-shirts and buttoned shirts. The whole tight/slim fit style or whatever it's called where you can barely move your arms / yourself in your clothing - what seems to be "in" nowadays - just doesn't appeal to me. With due respect, to each their own.

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
The brutal irony is that Ross’s jacket, for one time and one time only, actually looks better than what it’s being compared to. A rare occurrence. Like a leather jacket solar eclipse.
It might look better to you, or whoever else feels that whatever is pushed upon them by current designers / trends / Hollywood / the media as being "in" these days is absolutely awesome and "automatically" looks good. Like extremely slim fit jeans or slim/tight jackets where you can barely move/raise your arms. And shirts so tight that you sweat like a pig under your armpits because there's no space there whatsoever. But like I said, to each their own. Actors and various celebrities wear these things, so I guess those clothes must be absolutely awesome because of that.

I'd say it's in the eye of the beholder, and of course plenty (if not the vast majority) on this forum would agree with you that the jacket I showed doesn't look good, simply because it doesn't fit today's version of "looking good". But then again there are also people who think Kim Kardashian is the most beautiful woman in the world. And they have a right to that opinion, as long as they don't push it onto others. So like I said, to each their own.

To be perfectly honest, Ross' jacket looks like garbage as far as I'm concerned, lol. Not only compared to the one I showed, but also in general. It's just a very plan, thin, weak leather jacket with zero creativity, just extremely boring on all fronts. In my opinion, of course.

And yes, I know I'll probably get slammed for saying all this, simply because many people still can't accept the fact that "tastes" are different. It's not only related to this forum or even clothes, but life in general, regarding various matters.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I know that pic is from X-file, from the scene where he killed the ranch owner.

And nobody in this entire forum follows trendy fashion or wearing tight jacket or have opinion about the kardashians...

They just objectively said the jacket is several sizes too big, because only the fingertips of the guy showing under the sleeve, and the shoulder drop down to his biceps.

I bet no one here knows the answer about the jacket since in collective opinions here there is nothing memorable about the jacket style nor its fit to be desired.

You can make a replica of it through 5stars leather that is popular here to accept custom design or perhaps johnson leather too, honestly there are lots of leather jacket makers from south east asia that accept custom design for such oversize fit you dont even need to be too precise in giving instruction about sizes.

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
I know that pic is from X-file, from the scene where he killed the ranch owner.

And nobody in this entire forum follows trendy fashion or wearing tight jacket or have opinion about the kardashians...

They just objectively said the jacket is several sizes too big, because only the fingertips of the guy showing under the sleeve, and the shoulder drop down to his biceps.

I bet no one here knows the answer about the jacket since in collective opinions here there is nothing memorable about the jacket style nor its fit to be desired.

You can make a replica of it through 5stars leather that is popular here to accept custom design or perhaps johnson leather too, honestly there are lots of leather jacket makers from south east asia that accept custom design for such oversize fit you dont even need to be too precise in giving instruction about sizes.
Thanks. I'm aware about custom designs. I do have several oversized jackets but adding this one (or a very similar one) to my collection would be awesome as well, just because of it's unique design among other things. And the Kardashian example was just an example... as there are people who will accept and swallow anything the media gurus tell them.

You are right about the actor and TV series. That actor plays a character who is an assassin. Jackets like the one he's wearing are absolutely awesome because they allow you to easily conceal carry a weapon, as there is plenty of space. To me it is obvious that's why he chose a bit of a larger size.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
It might look better to you, or whoever else feels that whatever is pushed upon them by current designers / trends / Hollywood / the media as being "in" these days is absolutely awesome and "automatically" looks good. Like extremely slim fit jeans or slim/tight jackets where you can barely move/raise your arms. And shirts so tight that you sweat like a pig under your armpits because there's no space there whatsoever. But like I said, to each their own. Actors and various celebrities wear these things, so I guess those clothes must be absolutely awesome because of that.

I'd say it's in the eye of the beholder, and of course plenty (if not the vast majority) on this forum would agree with you that the jacket I showed doesn't look good, simply because it doesn't fit today's version of "looking good". But then again there are also people who think Kim Kardashian is the most beautiful woman in the world. And they have a right to that opinion, as long as they don't push it onto others. So like I said, to each their own.

To be perfectly honest, Ross' jacket looks like garbage as far as I'm concerned, lol. Not only compared to the one I showed, but also in general. It's just a very plan, thin, weak leather jacket with zero creativity, just extremely boring on all fronts. In my opinion, of course.

And yes, I know I'll probably get slammed for saying all this, simply because many people still can't accept the fact that "tastes" are different. It's not only related to this forum or even clothes, but life in general, regarding various matters.

Your opinion is entirely valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails