Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cannabis smell. How to get rid of?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I have just been given some old biking gear and the old boy whom originally had this kept his stash in the boots, subsiquantly one of the boots reeks of the stuff.
Now I bought these to sell on so has anyone got any kind of suggestion on how to get rid of the smell? I have heard about charcoal absorbing smells, is that BBQ type or something special. Or anything really.
Cheers, J.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Just enjoy it! It's far better than smelly feet....

The charcoal you have heard of is active charcoal, the kind you put in fish tanks or in carbon filters.
I am not sure it would work in a pair of boots but it might be worth trying.

I can't believe that just airing it won't sort it out. IMO the "fresh" smell lingers a lot less than the burnt smell, and you should get rid of it easily.
If not look into ONA blocks, they work with therpenes and are very good at removing smell. Good to have around if you cook bacon or a curry.
Leaving it in the boot for a few days should do it.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I always have those active charcoal pack originally sold as fridge smell absorber in my boots, dunno how effective they are but I always put them inside my boots when not in use.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Just enjoy it! It's far better than smelly feet....

The charcoal you have heard of is active charcoal, the kind you put in fish tanks or in carbon filters.
I am not sure it would work in a pair of boots but it might be worth trying.

I can't believe that just airing it won't sort it out. IMO the "fresh" smell lingers a lot less than the burnt smell, and you should get rid of it easily.

If not look into ONA blocks, they work with therpenes and are very good at removing smell. Good to have around if you cook bacon or a curry.
Leaving it in the boot for a few days should do it.
Personally I cannot stand the smell. I will probably leave these in the shed over winter. Thanks for the 'Active Charcoal' tip, off to get some soon.
Don't think I will have much luck selling the things if they reek of this but as they were cheap I don't mind throwing them out if I can't get rid.

Personally I cannot stand the smell. I will probably leave these in the shed over winter. Thanks for the 'Active Charcoal' tip, off to get some soon.
Don't think I will have much luck selling the things if they reek of this but as they were cheap I don't mind throwing them out if I can't get rid.

You could try good ol' baking soda. Or just sell them in Denver.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
go buy some sachets of "Neutradol" works really good .... comes in spray, sachets ( containing a jelly as described above) or powder ..... used my many car dealerships and I've used it with great effect in getting rid of smells in m/c clothing ( mainly jackets and boots) ...... freezing has also worked well for gloves but this is mostly damp and bacterial smells rather than hash.

Edward

Bartender
Reminds me of the time, years ago, that a friend bought a bike jacket off a stall on Portabello Road. For the rest of the day we could smell weed..... til that evening, when we realised somebody had left s stash sewn into the lining! As I recall, we binned it somewhere in Soho where we were sure there was no CCTV. Friend carried on wearing the jacket after that - within a week or so the smell had aired out completely. No idea how long the jacket had been contaminated, though; might take longer for your boots if there was stuff kept in them for many years.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Hang it in the garage for a week or two, followed by packing it with a box filled with bicarb. Failing that, a dousing of Fabreeze and coating of Pecards (or similar). I used this on a 60s leather jacket whose owner must have had a 50-a-day habit while wearing it, because it was lousy with ciggy smoke - pretty much worked.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
I have just been given some old biking gear and the old boy whom originally had this kept his stash in the boots, subsiquantly one of the boots reeks of the stuff.
Now I bought these to sell on so has anyone got any kind of suggestion on how to get rid of the smell? I have heard about charcoal absorbing smells, is that BBQ type or something special. Or anything really.
Cheers, J.
Buy a one way ticket to Singapore....lol

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Dryer sheets in jacket (like 6 or 8, run in dryer on medium or low heat for ~30 min) worked for cigarette smell in jackets I bought second hand. Then air out. Don't "mask" with cologne or such, will make it worse in the end.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just don't wear 'em around airports or you'll have some new doggie friends. Going through security would be fun. Reminds me of the last time I was leaving Amsterdam and, while waiting in the security line, I suddenly realized.... Interesting flight.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The previous owner must have lived in LA. :D
hollyweed.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I quit smoking about six months ago. I admittedly still have one once in a while but so glad to be off that two pack a day bus. It's nice to be able to wear jackets without worrying about constantly stinking them up. For all you youngsters here, stupidest thing you can do. Run far away before you get sucked in. It really is an addiction and point blank poison. For the pot, can't say much, other than it smells even worse. The tea is okay I suppose. Once in a blue moon I'll brew some of that to get to sleep. Panic disorder here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff