Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Capris

Smuterella

One Too Many
I am on the hunt for some cheapish (but not-horrible-shiny-material) capris for the summer. I have seen white, black and denim in Oasis as £35 a pop but they aren't quite high enough on the rise, and a pale blue denim high waisted pair in French Connection were a whopping £75.

Before I bite the bullet and buy some off the highstreet I was wondering if anyone knew of any eBay/etsy/online retailer that does good quality repro capri pants?

thanks!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
I saw some but can't remember where - I think it might have been Peacocks
Funny you mention it, I'm listing some vintage ones on eBay tonight and I'm on the prowl for some to replace them with. I'm off to have a think about it and I'll be back!!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Maybe check out Vivien of Holloway's store as well? MissHannah was telling me the other day she has some nice capris at her actual store.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
They have quite a good selection in H&M at the moment in white, beige, brown and black and they're pretty comfortable.

x

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella said:
i'm worried about the fabric on these though, i hate shiny shiny synthetic blends and most repro stuff seems to be made of that

They are 97% cotton 3% lycra (as it says in the listing) and I can vouch that they aren't shiny at all. However the fit is very awkward, which is why I have never worn the pair I have! :rolleyes:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Darhling said:
I have a few from H&M that are in cotton and waist isn't particular low.

Thanks, I'll have to check. Overall, I've never been particularly impressed with H&M. I've never found a single thing there that fits my hourglass figure correctly. Everything there seems to be made for the European stick-figure mode.

I'm so frustrated with the lack of high-waisted items out there right now. I keep hearing about how it's the real in-thing for this season, but no place carries high-waisted items. The only place I've seen anything high-waisted is $350 pants at Neiman Marcus or similarly expensive items at Macy's or Bloomingdale's.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
retrogirl1941 said:
I got these capris and they look pretty darn close to 1950s style capris.

So cute! Those are actually similar to a pair of Lee capri jeans that I have that are now too big for me. What I'm really looking for is black cotton or sateen ones, though. I can't wear jeans to work.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
I'm so frustrated with the lack of high-waisted items out there right now. I keep hearing about how it's the real in-thing for this season, but no place carries high-waisted items. The only place I've seen anything high-waisted is $350 pants at Neiman Marcus or similarly expensive items at Macy's or Bloomingdale's.

I had to laugh - I was looking at some jeans today, high waisted but with those skinny legs! If "they" keep saying high waisted/vintage is 'in', then why don't they actually make something high waisted and vintage looking?

Sorry, rant over!

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
I keep seeing things labeled as high waisted only to find it barely reaches my belly button.[huh] I think alot of people today consider high waisted anything that doesn't show booty cleavage. :p

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Bum cleavage

What's worse, bum cleavage on a girl or panties hanging out? The other night a girl was sitting down at the bar and her g-string was sticking out over the top of her low-cut pants. I discreetly let her know and she just smiled and said "yeah, I know." Oops, sorry I didn't know that was the look you were going for ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
64tonya said:
What's worse, bum cleavage on a girl or panties hanging out? The other night a girl was sitting down at the bar and her g-string was sticking out over the top of her low-cut pants. I discreetly let her know and she just smiled and said "yeah, I know." Oops, sorry I didn't know that was the look you were going for ;)

Yeah, that was a very popular look for awhile. Apparently no one told her that it's no longer in style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic