Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caps

internetgamble

New in Town
Just bought three caps from this ebay merchant.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/nycdesigner75

They are 'Aviva Underpants' brand caps and I reckon they are excellent value and well made. Nice full size without being too floppy. I am well pleased with them. Some of the best caps I've seen or bought. You can view the whole range here -
http://www.avivaunderpants.com/archives/2006_fw/caps.asp

I particulary like the houndstooth fabric and would like to see it in other colours.
Still looking for good quality, full shape single panel caps. NOT the 'Bond' style caps that you see here in UK - wrong peak design - but like these Aviva caps but single panel. I may email Lisa Aviva and ask if she can do a single panel design? What do you reckon? Anyone else bought their caps before?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've never heard of them before, but they are nifty looking hats. I suspect the company name (Aviva Underpants-???) isn't exactly bringing out the hat-buyers in droves. Also, their products can't be found on the retailers listed on their site. I would wonder if they perhaps didn't sell well and were dropped by said retailers, or these are just leftovers being sold out. But again - they're nice looking and a really reasonable price. Tempting...very tempting...

internetgamble

New in Town
Mike in Seattle said:
I've never heard of them before, but they are nifty looking hats. I suspect the company name (Aviva Underpants-???) isn't exactly bringing out the hat-buyers in droves. Also, their products can't be found on the retailers listed on their site. I would wonder if they perhaps didn't sell well and were dropped by said retailers, or these are just leftovers being sold out. But again - they're nice looking and a really reasonable price. Tempting...very tempting...

I had to pay for shipping here in UK, but if you're based in US its free shipping.
I have owned a B-Wear cap before and I know lots of cap wearers on here recommend them - I prefer these Aviva caps as they don't flop down so much but retain a fuller shape. Good quality fabric and stitching.

I still haven't found the ideal cap - it would have to be top quality tweed/wool (maybe Harris or similar) or houndstooth fabric - it looks great on the Aviva cap, single panel rather than 8-panel and full shape, NO central button, basically similar to 1920's style caps that just don't seem to be manufactured anymore.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Although it does look as though this could be a manufactures close-out listing, I did order one of these caps. Reasonably priced along with free shipping-I'm willing to take a chance for a nice looking-in the ad anyways- cap.

rgraham

A-List Customer
Unfortunately, the one I liked was sold out in my size.

Also, the fact they list this: "- topped with a contrasting fabric-covered button and has stitching detail -", doesn't sound so appealing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou