Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Castle's 1947 Episode

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
As usual I watched and enjoyed Castle last night. The best part was the preview of next weeks episoide:
[video=youtube_share;M3Ux9ovv8SU]http://youtu.be/M3Ux9ovv8SU[/video]
When Castle and Beckett investigate the killing of a treasure hunter, they discover the case is linked to a mysterious homicide from 1947 involving a hard-boiled private detective. Castle realizes the only way to solve the present-day murder is to solve the murder from the past. The 1947 case comes to life through stylized flashbacks, featuring Castle as the private eye and Beckett as a femme fatale, on "Castle," MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
Source: The Blue Butterfly

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
My favorite episode yet. I hope they do another golden era piece. Molly Quinn was stunning as well as Stana. The best I have ever seen of Stana. Nathan really pulled off the look of a 40's gumshoe. Like to see him wear more of this look in future episodes. At least the fedora on a regular basis.

O2BSwank

One of the Regulars
Castle is one of my family's favorite TV shows. I enjoyed the episode but thought that Fillan;s "accent" was a little hokey. Still great fun.

BoPeep

Practically Family
Ditto on the hokey accents. I think they were trying a little too hard to play the stereotype. But the ladies' hair was amazing even though Kate never had hers up. And I cried when they torched the car in the end. But it was all great fun!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Fun episode with nice elements to classic stories.
It's a shame they didn't get older actors for the old couple.

Sincerely,
The Wolf
It startled the heck out of me to see Chad Everett today. My image of him is still as he was in "Medical Center" more than 40 years ago.

I've rarely watched "Castle," and I should tape it and watch more often. This episode at least had today's fast story-telling but the Ellery Queen style of adding one more complication every time you turn around, plus a well-concealed criminal (though that person was on screen for so short a time, pinning the crime on him is hardly fair to the viewer). The script seemed to tie up all the loose ends, too.

I disagree, though, that Nathan Fillion's fedora seemed to suit him. He didn't look as much at home in it as Joshua Jackson did in his, in the retro episode of "Fringe."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21