Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cavanagh,Check this out...

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Welcome to The Fedora Lounge, Thornhill!

Value - It doesn't have the coveted Cav edge. Plus, at 6 3/4, it is a very small size and would not likely fetch a lot on eBay.

Do you have any relationship with this seller, Thornhill?

I don't see why it couldn't be a Cavanaugh. Most every manufacturer made this style of hat in the late 40s . . . I've had in my possession at various times Stetsons, Borsalinos, a Penney's Marathon and a Park Plaza in just this style.

I've also seen a number of Cavanaughs with bound edges.

A nice hat, with the box makes it ever more tempting. But 6 3/4? Man that's even too small for me ;)

bk

Feraud

Bartender
I misread the post somewhere along the line and thought Thornhill was questioning the Cavanagh edge. I have to stop drinking and posting! :)
It is possible the hat is a Cavanagh brand. Like others have commented, it sure is a small size!

Thornhill

New in Town
Do you have any relationship with this seller, Thornhill?

Yes, I talked to her on the phone today for about 30 seconds.:confused: end of story. Whether or not it is a genuine Cavanagh hat, I thought it was nice looking regardless.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SinatraStyle said:
Did Cavanagh make any hats with brims that didn't have Cavanagh edges (raw, bound, underwelt, etc)?

I said "I suspect that's not a Cavanagh hat". This was
partly due to the brim, partly due to the appearance, and
partly due to the fact that the listing did not state it was
a Cavanagh hat, just a Cavanagh *box* with a hat.

Sure, I own Cavanaghs with bound brim, raw brim, and
Cavanagh Edge. If the seller says it's a Cavanagh hat, great.
Or it could be something else just as nice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum