Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CC41 Mac - Tell me why the high price?

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
I thought the CC marked stuff was wartime? Didn't that mean it was made for civillian use under the "utility" scheme?

I'm just an ignorant Yank here, so forgive me....

M

Prof Branestawm

Familiar Face
Compared to most of the riding macs which appear on ebay - and I've been unsuccessfully looking for one like this for quite a while - it seems to be in excellent condition.

Also, I suppose to some people the cc41 tag has a valuable cachet: even if it doesn't guarantee the mac was made in wartime it makes it plausibly authentic for re-enactment purposes.

CC-1

Familiar Face
Beside its brand and vintage cachet, it just looks so much better than the junk you would buy today. Price an Aquascutum or Burberry and the Mac is reasonable, better looking and a "real" thing. Hopethat Aquascutum can get back to some roots having ditched their two "nouveau elite" designers. And Burberry, too when they get over themselves and put the lining back inside the coats.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
BIG PRICE.

Because it was marketed well to its' target audience with good, detailed description backed up by strong photos. Then just leave it to the bidding frenzy. The seller did well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24