Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Censored!

Should Some Speech/Literature be Censored?

• Yes, in specific cases.

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No, never.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, I voted in the no never category. Having said that I fully support Amazon's decision NOT to sell the book. If I owned Amazon, that would have been my decision also. Note that the GOVERNMENT didn't censor the author OR Amazon. You don't want it, don't buy it. You don't want to sell it, don't.

That's a SICK book to write. Not sure who's the bigger slug, author or buyer.

later

Foofoogal

Banned
Seriously, I do not sell some products because I don't like them or they do not fit what I am trying to portray. Even e bay censors selling some items. I don't sell some literature. One of the malls I am on had a big hoohaw a few years about this. Some dealers did not want to sell Playboys and some of the other girlie mags and some did.
If one is in a mall in real world some do not want to be next door to the xrated book store. I am sure Amazon is thinking of this also. Majority vs minority and losing more dealers not wanting this then do. Bottom line is business.

Common sense.

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
I voted "yes, in specific cases." No, never is too narrow a view to have.
Seriously.. who here can not think of examples when literature or speech should be censored by either laws, business practice, or the common sense of our fellow man?

Last edited:

PoohBang

Suspended
I guess I don't understand what this thread is about. It's called "Should Some Speech/Literature be Censored?" but it's really about should stores be allowed to chose that they sell?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
You know, this is indeed an interesting topic, but I think we'll stop here, for a couple of reasons:

1. No relation at all to what the FL is about. It's kind of bloggy.
2. Ick. High on the Skin Crawl meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy