Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chance meetings

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
lol that would be great!

"excuse me, sir I just noticed your hat, you should check out this site,it's really it's quite neat, and I promise I"m not a salesperson..."

ortega76

Practically Family
Caity Lynn said:
lol that would be great!

"excuse me, sir I just noticed your hat, you should check out this site,it's really it's quite neat, and I promise I"m not a salesperson..."

It's not a bad idea. I recently joined a cigar lover's networking site that has a PDF Flyer for download. The idea is to print a few up and distribute them to your friends or associates at cigar stores or bars. It's a way to get people to the site and a great way to meet people who are into the same things.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I would jump on the chance to have an official Fedora Lounge zippo! I wonder how likely that is though. I bet there are plenty of others here who would too.

ortega76 said:
Speaking of Fedora Lounge merchandise, how long until we have FL Zippos? The matches are cool, but Zippos or a cigar style torch lighter would make me VERY happy. Hmm, maybe I could cobble something together with a sticker or something.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
as a non-smoker who loves having cigarette lighters :rolleyes: [huh] that would be FUN!!!

on a random note: did you know you use zippo lighter fluid when your eating fire. :D

ortega76

Practically Family
To be truly coordinated, I'd need FL cufflinks, lapel pin, lighter, tie and possibly watch. Sometimes, I might do a tie-bar. Okay, ladies and gents- let's get engraving!

Brooksie

One Too Many
I ran into a guy here in Portland that looked like he could for sure be a lounger, the first time I saw him was on the bus on Friday. He had on a very nice fedora, nice shoes and a black wool over coat. I was not looking too special - red pea coat, with a newsboy cap or else I might have said something. Then I saw him last night on valentine's day with my bf - we were walking past a pub, I was all dolled up dress, heels and rolls in my hair. It was funny because the guy was looking at us and my bf says there's a couple of guys with hats and then I said hey I saw that one guy on the bus the other day but it was not convenient to say anything to the guy because it would have just been odd but it had me wondering.

Brooksie

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brooksie said:
I ran into a guy here in Portland that looked like he could for sure be a lounger, the first time I saw him was on the bus on Friday. He had on a very nice fedora, nice shoes and a black wool over coat. I was not looking too special - red pea coat, with a newsboy cap or else I might have said something. Then I saw him last night on valentine's day with my bf - we were walking past a pub, I was all dolled up dress, heels and rolls in my hair. It was funny because the guy was looking at us and my bf says there's a couple of guys with hats and then I said hey I saw that one guy on the bus the other day but it was not convenient to say anything to the guy because it would have just been odd but it had me wondering.

Brooksie
next time you see him you have to say something, third times a charm, after all...

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Fun thread.

Recently several of us united for a few days in Monteagle, TN. When Jimmy the Lid, my girlfriend and I went into a restaurant to meet up with others already inside, the hostess asked us playfully, "Are you members of the secret hat society?" What could have given us away!? We all had fun with that one for the rest of the trip and on into the follow up thread in the Events section. :)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I don't think I've ever encountered any other members serendipitously - but I am often complimented on my hats and asked about them. I have, several times, written "www.thefedoralounge.com" on the back of one of my business cards and suggested they check it out. Now, I have ordered a box of the matchbooks so I'll keep them handy in order to promote this wonderful site.

RBH

Bartender
Speaking of The Secret Hat Society ... I wore my pin.
But the room was full of Lounge members!!!

IMG_0788.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Last year I saw a gentleman who was so nattily dressed in vintage style I was sure he had to be on the Lounge but I didn't have the guts to approach him.

ortega76

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
I don't think I've ever encountered any other members serendipitously - but I am often complimented on my hats and asked about them. I have, several times, written "www.thefedoralounge.com" on the back of one of my business cards and suggested they check it out. Now, I have ordered a box of the matchbooks so I'll keep them handy in order to promote this wonderful site.

It would be cool if there was a template that FL members could download and print off a social/calling card with the logo and url on one side and e-mail/contact info on the other. It would be a great win-win. A convenient way to resurrect the calling card and a great way to tell people about the lounge.

ortega76 said:
It would be cool if there was a template that FL members could download and print off a social/calling card with the logo and url on one side and e-mail/contact info on the other. It would be a great win-win. A convenient way to resurrect the calling card and a great way to tell people about the lounge.
That would be cool--problem in my case, how would I blend it with my "Aces, suit indicating context" theme for my calling-cards? (Make FL cards all be on the Ace of Clubs, perhaps? Don't want anyone getting a false impression from dropping a Spade, although there are a few ladies here I certainly wouldn't mind dealing a Heart to;)lol...)

----------------
Now playing: John Williams - Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious
via FoxyTunes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR