Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chaplis (or chapplies: Indian sandal thingies)

H.Johnson

One Too Many
British bush jackets

Slightly off topic, but...
1940s British Aertex bush jackets (KD & JG) = very expensive, hard to find.
1950 Pattern British Aertex bush jackets (KD & JG) = almost identical, common, dirt cheap.

Go figure.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Two weeks ago it was 17c and raining, today it is going to be 35c!! was thinking of Sandals and hey presto!!!

I like those Indian sandals but I rather pine for those "Old style Clarks" sandals are they still available?, I have a vague recollection Dr Martin did something similar around 20 years ago?"

Geronimo

One of the Regulars
I think those are just the sandals I've been looking for - namely, something with a sole that will resist nails, broken glass, etc. And something without velcro.
Are the soles leather or rubber?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Classic English Sandal

I have been digging around to find a pair of "Classic" sandals with a closed toe and heel, with a T bar, Clarks made the ubiquitous sandal in the 1950's, they are frightfully Enid Blyton. The nearest I could find were these, the have a double buckle though."

CMF6FCC0191047435788-982

cookie

I'll Lock Up
English 40s Sandals

I kept those snaps from a pair (not my size) from an eBay seller to have copied one day...because he had so many snaps of the detail.

I have been thinking of posting them here one day for y'all to ogle.

I like the type of sandals the little guy wore in "My Family and Other Animals" on Corfu.

Talbot

One Too Many
cookie said:
I kept those snaps from a pair (not my size) from an eBay seller to have copied one day...because he had so many snaps of the detail.

I have been thinking of posting them here one day for y'all to ogle.

I like the type of sandals the little guy wore in "My Family and Other Animals" on Corfu.

Cookie, they are still available and worn by school kids as we speak. My daughter had a pair. I don't usually get caught up in those things, but I can find details if you like.

I love the scene where Larry sings 'Greensleaves' - family favourite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany