Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chicago

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Undertow said:
Well, I'd better throw my tattered hat in:

There's a place just in sight of the Belmont rail entrance, or exit as was my case (Blue Line, in case you're wondering). It's a little dive with bar style seating, a tv in the corner and a couple of griddles and fryers in front of you. For the life of me, I can't think of the name.

But I'll tell you why I went there:
1. I saw two Chicago Police officers eating there, which is what brought me in the door.
2. There was an elderly, blind man sitting in the corner watching the tv. That's right, I said blind and watching. Don't ask me, he had the cane and black glasses.
3. The woman working was gruff, broad shouldered and had your typical "Chicago" accent.

I figured if local cops eat there, it's cheap and fast. If old blind men eat there, it's decent tasting, and if the woman taking orders is as...well...colorful as she was, the place is authentic. And I was very pleased with the end results!

Mister Tow, that is an absolutely fascinating system of culinary decision-making! I somehow imagine you happily munching on the world's ugliest doughnuts, which are served by being lobbed at your head by the virago behind the counter. :D

I'll have what he's having,

T.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
thebadmamajama said:
This is great! I'm heading up to that area soon too for a post-finals celebration. :eusa_clap (and a vintage good time, as alwaaaaaaaaays).

Ms. BMJ, there are TWO Chicago threads with info on where to go and so forth. Sorry for the overlap!

Best Wishes For a Fine Time,

T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21