Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Children?

How many children do you have?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 9+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moustache

Practically Family
The wife and i are not planning any kids.We have too much travelling and away from home in general activities to do such.If we have children we want to devote all the time in the world to raising them.Not globe-trotting.

So thats our reason and we are sticking to it :p :p

JD

missjo

Practically Family
moustache said:
The wife and i are not planning any kids.We have too much travelling and away from home in general activities to do such.If we have children we want to devote all the time in the world to raising them.Not globe-trotting.

JD

I have plenty of time and am often at home, I just dont want any ;)

I dont want a modern stereo either :D

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't have any yet, but someday I'd like to have at least three or four, G-d willing!

Faye and Archie, congratulations on the coming of your babies! What an exciting time. Please keep us here at the lounge informed on how you are doing, what you have, and so on. Show pictures, we love baby pictures here on the lounge!! Faye, I hope you have a very easy pregnancy and easier birth! Same to your wife, Archie.

GOK

One Too Many
I have three; two sons (21 & 17) and a daughter (19). I had them quite young (22 when I had my first) and I have no regrets at all. Now they have grown up, it's lovely to have my life back! :D

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
moustache said:

JD

Tell you something. Travelling and having a kid goes very well together.
(If you are not rafting down som Himalaya river, that is.)
My son was 10 months old when he went with us to France for 3 weeks. Took his first steps in France actually. And ever since we have travelled every year with him. Several times each year. All over Europe and US.
On the other hand, my cousin and his wife, has decided - that is: she has decided - that they did not want any kids. So instead they have cats, sheep and parrots! They never leave the place! Got to take care of the animals!!!
How smart is that?:eusa_doh:

missjo

Practically Family
as a child my parents took me everywhere, I have 2 dogs, I take them everywhere!
Besides that I have a younger sister and when I go to reenactment events I have children who pretend to be my children!
So I have the best of both worlds lol

MelissaAnne

One of the Regulars
One child from my womb :) and two stepsons, so three in all. Only one stepson lives with us, the other lives with his mom in Kentucky. We got to see him over Christmas, though.

TailendCharlie

One of the Regulars
No kids for us,I decided that when I was quite young,and when I met my wife she had the same feelings about being childless,so its just us two and several dozen house plants.Besides in our neighborhood it seems the ones with kids in their 20's can't get them to leave their basements!

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Spitfire said:
Tell you something. Travelling and having a kid goes very well together.
(If you are not rafting down som Himalaya river, that is.)
My son was 10 months old when he went with us to France for 3 weeks. Took his first steps in France actually. And ever since we have travelled every year with him. Several times each year. All over Europe and US.
On the other hand, my cousin and his wife, has decided - that is: she has decided - that they did not want any kids. So instead they have cats, sheep and parrots! They never leave the place! Got to take care of the animals!!!

The logistics of traveling with a kid is not the problem, it's the cost. Sure we take her to Austin, Dallas and such, but a trip to Paris--can't really afford that anymore. Now if we could ride a train to France that would be nice;) .

One and probably one or two more. I always thought it would be a lot more work and a lot more headaches but so far so good. Good enough to think about having more anyway.
Traveling with him is easier than I thought as well. We don't stay home---he comes with us. Might as well show them off---with all the work that goes into them. :p

Regards,

J

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
No kiddos, but I have a very spoiled Boxer that is like a child.

Impynapping.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Don't see myself as daddy. Heck, I still am close to MY daddy.

It's important to me not to be part of the 9 to 5 rat race, and I know I'd have to give up any such scruples as a family man.

I like babies, but not toddlers, TV-and-sugar-saturated tweens, or crisisy adolescents.

I haven't found anybody to even have them (or not!) with.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Mr. 'H' said:
How many children do you have?

I'm curious to look at the difference between between the average family size now versus in the Golden Era.

Are there any members who do not see themselves having children? If so, why (if this is not too intrusive)?

I have none (I'm a bit young yet) but as for size versus the Golden Era - my grandparents on my mothers side had seven children, and on my fathers side there were nine. And my maternal grandfather has fourteen brothers and sisters (mixed - not 14 of eachlol ).

But being Irish yourself I'm sure you have a similar ancestry;)

koopkooper

Practically Family
What about ones I don't know about?? Might explain the fathers day cards I keep getting each year, they seem to be growing in number...I guess they are for me:p

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Got to take care of the animals!!!

:eek:fftopic:
There are times I'd like to stay downtown after work, but I have to go home to give my dog, Sasha, a pain pill and fix his dinner (grain-free dog food laced with Chinese herbs and cod liver oil, soaked in boiling water. Where's the stinky smilie?) Did I mention he has to wear a diaper in the house? But he's been a good companion for 11 years, he's a good watchdog, and he's been a trooper through his illness (oral melanoma). It's a labor of love.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy