Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Choice Vintage jackets coming soon....30s/40s Horsehide, Goat, sizes 38-44

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Hopefully all interested parties have had a chance to look at all the pics and video. Please address any question to me. Prices are subject to change.

PRICES:

1940 Goatskin Aviator
$375 shipped in Conus

40s Goatskin size 42
$285 shipped in Conus

40s Black Horsehide half-belt
$550 shipped in Conus

If your satisfied and want to purchase send payment to my paypal

tmitchell59@comcast.net

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
1948 Sportclad Motorcycle jacket-Horsehide size 38?

This is the 4th of this model I have owned. Yes, I think these are great.

Chest pocket opens about 3/4
Left sleeve zipper is toast
Right sleeve zipper missing teeth, but works up and down
Right pocket is frozen closed.

Lining is loose as pictured and has holes

Main zipper is fine
Throat latch is attached
No seam issues I could find.

1648422795618.jpeg

1648422829461.jpeg

1648422871222.jpeg
1648422902996.jpeg

PRICE:
$315 shipped in Conus

1948 Sportclad Motorcycle jacket-Horsehide size 38?

This is the 4th of this model I have owned. Yes, I think these are great.

Chest pocket opens about 3/4
Left sleeve zipper is toast
Right sleeve zipper missing teeth, but works up and down
Right pocket is frozen closed.

Lining is loose as pictured and has holes

Main zipper is fine
Throat latch is attached
No seam issues I could find.

View attachment 413786
View attachment 413787
View attachment 413788 View attachment 413789

PRICE:
$315 shipped in Conus
I’ve meant to ask you before Terry, have your Sportclads ever had the button on collar? I wish I had documented mine when I had it. The mouton collar was attached with buttons, not snaps. It was a beautiful cream colored mouton. Unfortunately I did not document this jacket well and the iPhone 4 that took this pic is long gone. I believe this jacket was a size 42”-44”. I listed it on eBay and it sold within an hour.
DB24359D-BF14-4763-8E43-4DC28514052A.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I’ve meant to ask you before Terry, have your Sportclads ever had the button on collar? I wish I had documented mine when I had it. The mouton collar was attached with buttons, not snaps. It was a beautiful cream colored mouton. Unfortunately I did not document this jacket well and the iPhone 4 that took this pic is long gone. I believe this jacket was a size 42”-44”. I listed it on eBay and it sold within an hour.
View attachment 413828

This is the only time I've ever seen a collar on a sportclad and I love it. They used buttons on the throat latch I know. they probably only put buttons on jackets going out with a collar. There is nothing on mine to attach a collar

This is the only time I've ever seen a collar on a sportclad and I love it. They used buttons on the throat latch I know. they probably only put buttons on jackets going out with a collar. There is nothing on mine to attach a collar
Ah that’s interesting. I wondered if perhaps the buttons were intact on any the SC’s you’ve had/have. At the time I didn’t like the fit of my SC but I can’t help but wonder if I’d feel different about that now. I do recall the hide being as nice as anything I’ve ever handled. Beautiful stuff.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Ah that’s interesting. I wondered if perhaps the buttons were intact on any the SC’s you’ve had/have. At the time I didn’t like the fit of my SC but I can’t help but wonder if I’d feel different about that now. I do recall the hide being as nice as anything I’ve ever handled. Beautiful stuff.

I had not thought about the lack of detachable collar attachments, but there are none! Learning more with every jacket.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I am surprised the 1940 Goatskin Aviator has not been taken? If it was my size I would have to make room but, Jmax would have beaten me to the draw
I'll move it to etsy and it will sell. Needs more exposure. I've been dragging my feet on re-opening my etsy store, but I think it is time.

I've had great success selling here and will continue to list jackets here. I always refer people to the outerwear section of TFL.

Some of them need to hang for awhile and let people see them in comparison to other jackets. Etsy provides that with a cost.

I may put them on ebay for international market.

Last two high end sales came off the internet and my youtube channel. I've sold several jackets through that process that never reach these pages.

I'm preparing a couple of jackets for an online customer who has great taste. I don't think they are even members here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy