Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Hat Gallery

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
My newest hat, purchased by grandma:

ChristmasPresents001.jpg

It's an Akubra Federation IV in Moonstone, although I have to say it's darker than I thought it would be. I rather suspect the Carbon Gray must be nearly a charcoal color in person. I like it, but the robust dimensions have taken some reprogramming! I'm just going to wear it for now, experimenting with different bashes, but I do think it would look sharp with the brim trimmed down to non-dimensional specs, edge binding and a taller ribbon.

-Dave

PS I think I'm going to post in the Showcase about my other two Lounge-ish appropriations - a ThinkGeek Bluetooth handset and a City Chicken maker.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
wow......

thunderw21 said:
I puked my guts out all Christmas Eve night, but seeing these under the tree helped me feel better. 1930s Knox (l) and never worn 1940s Lee (r).

knoxleeanddobbs.jpg
I love the Lee and the color of the Knox.....the Dobbs miniature is pretty cool as well. :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
might be just your size too!lol

lol lol lol

thunderw21 -- Let's face it, perhaps a little TMI in your post ;), but those are a couple of nice lids! What color is the Lee?

Cheers,
JtL

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Oops, I lied. The Knox is actually an Adams hat. :D

Lefty said:
Both are beauties, but I love the Knox. Let's see some more photos! :eusa_clap

Copy that, photos incoming.

Adam
Adamshat001.jpg

Adamshat002.jpg

Lee-I'd call this color medium blue, the inside tag doesn't say
Leehat001.jpg

Leehat005.jpg

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I remember correctly, the miniature hats with hat boxes like ThunderW21's Dobbs were like a gift certificate in the 30s & 40s. Someone would get that to give you as a birthday/holiday gift and then you exchanged it for the actual hat you wanted, right? Any tips on keywords to find them on the Bay or similar?

duggap

Banned
I am going to vote for my favorite picture of a hat or hat wearer for all of 2008. My vote goes to Handlebar Bart's son opening up his hat. That pic was priceless. Indycop and family and Portolan's wife are tied for second. Sure was a great bunch of hats for the year. Thanks to Art Fawcett and Johnnyphi for making 08 so much more interesting.:p :D :p

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Mike in Seattle said:
If I remember correctly, the miniature hats with hat boxes like ThunderW21's Dobbs were like a gift certificate in the 30s & 40s. Someone would get that to give you as a birthday/holiday gift and then you exchanged it for the actual hat you wanted, right? Any tips on keywords to find them on the Bay or similar?

That's right, like a gift certificate.

Try "salemens sample" or "miniature" hat on the Bay.

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
GT The color is Silver Mist. When I think of Silverbelly, thats the color I think of and always wanted. The crown is 5.5 open with a 2 3/4 bound brim and a white liner.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Given rather than gotten

I got my niece's husband a BIG Akubra Piilbara for Christmas. She said he had a melon head, so I went for a 7 3/4, and luckily it fit perfectly. Looks to me like he's a convert to classy headgear as of 12/25/08.
Xmas2008028reduced2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic