Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Hat Gallery

RBH

Bartender
HungaryTom said:
My VS Silvermist creation arrived...

[
VSArtFawcettMANHATTANSilvermist14.jpg

Many thanks Art for this beauty and Merry Christmas to all!
Very nice Tom, looks great on you!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
A fine work of Art Tom!...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I can't wait to see all the different hats that will be posted as the day drags on....Merry Christmas everyone!:eusa_clap :D :D :eusa_clap

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Cher Monsieur RBH: if such be your wish, I am privileged to set to work:

004-2.jpg

The tools of the trade.

008.jpg

Start steaming

009.jpg

Molding, then some more steam

014.jpg

Finished. In this picture the diamond bash is not very apparent.

012-1.jpg

I used my "diamond bash " Stetson 100 (on the right) as model. It quickly becomes apparent that there is a considerable difference between the Campdraft and the "100" felt. But, in general, the result of my first hand at new-hat bashing is a success. And the Campdraft is worth every cent paid for it: a great hat, very stylish.

What do you guys think? (ladies, please, you too!)

RBH

Bartender
PabloElFlamenco said:
Cher Monsieur RBH: if such be your wish, I am privileged to set to work:

004-2.jpg

The tools of the trade.

008.jpg

Start steaming

009.jpg

Molding, then some more steam

014.jpg

Finished. In this picture the diamond bash is not very apparent.

I used my Stetson 100 diamond bash as model. It quickly becomes apparent that there is a considerable difference between the Campdraft and the "100" felt. But, in general, the result of my first hand at new-hat bashing is a success. And the Campdraft is worth every cent paid for it: a great hat, very stylish.

What do you guys think? (ladies, please, you too!)
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap BRAVO!!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Super fantastic!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A fine job, Pablo. And there is no finer production hat made. Enjoy the Campdraft - it looks great.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Pablo and Tom, Thanks for posting two wonderful hats on this most special of days. You both wear them well.

Thanks to Pablo for an excellent tutorial and thanks to Art Fawcett for another lovely creation.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
christmas08049yp7.jpg

christmas08050xg5.jpg

Johnny Claus delivered a vintage Adam to a really happy little guy. Thanks Johnny, its looking great right now with his Storm Trooper outfit:eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
christmas08049yp7.jpg

christmas08050xg5.jpg

Johnny Claus delivered a vintage Adam to a really happy little guy. Thanks Johnny, its looking great right now with his Storm Trooper outfit:eusa_clap

Bravo! Goes great with red. Merry Christmas, Bart and family, and to the lounge, Merry Christmas!

portolan

A-List Customer
A Very Moorish Christmas!

Two Moores for Christmas. Doesn't get any better than that. I love my hat. Mike outdid himself on Jeanne's. Probably the most beautiful hat every made! Stunning 100X felt, unbelievable cord and tassels and a hatband to die for. I have my new Wested Indy jacket on too....Great job Mike....more later....

bothhats.jpg

JeanneOpening.jpg

Momhat2.jpg

Momhatbandcloseup.jpg

Jeanneandhat3.jpg

Dadhatandjacket.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely gorgeous, portolan. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Your wife's hat is really stunning -- the turquoise against the black is beautiful. And the style and look of your own lid is classic -- that is just a great lid.

Nicely done, Major.

Cheers,
JtL

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
portolan said:
Jeanne's. Probably the most beautiful hat every made! Stunning 100X felt, unbelievable cord and tassels and a hatband to die for.
Momhat2.jpg

Portolan, that "turquoise treatment" is one I've been meaning to do on one of my hatbands; except, I've run short of, locally, procuring such stones as be suitable for drilling horizontally...(should pay a visit to Kingsman AZ). I first saw a version of the "turquoise treatment" on a hat seen in "3:10 to Yuma".
Fabulous. And, of course, expressions of north african ("moorish") culture can be exceedingly attractive.
Congratulations to Jeanne!
Paul

RBH

Bartender
portolan said:
Two Moores for Christmas. Doesn't get any better than that. I love my hat. Mike outdid himself on Jeanne's. Probably the most beautiful hat every made! Stunning 100X felt, unbelievable cord and tassels and a hatband to die for. I have my new Wested Indy jacket on too....Great job Mike....more later....

bothhats.jpg

JeanneOpening.jpg

Momhat2.jpg

Momhatbandcloseup.jpg

Jeanneandhat3.jpg

Dadhatandjacket.jpg
Wow I love them both!!! Looks great on and once again Mike did a wonderful job!!!!!

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Portolan,

The hats are great - what a nice Christmas. Handlebear - the lid is beautiful.
Pablo - thanks for the nice photo essay.
Thanks for all the appreciations and Merry Christmas to all!

Tom

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I puked my guts out all Christmas Eve night, but seeing these under the tree helped me feel better. 1930s Knox (l) and never worn 1940s Lee (r).

knoxleeanddobbs.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy